I

Watching as the ship gets closer towards the golden land I grow nervous.

Aliria. They say the sun never sets in this foreign land since they have all the God's favour.

"We're quite far from the Highlands now, your grace." Rican, my personal bodyguard, says as he comes closer towards me.

"It's across the continent far, Rican." I respond as the shipmen get ready for landing. "Do you think I'll be happy here?"

Rican nods solemnly, "You have to be, your grace. For the sake of the Kingdom."

The people of Aliria and the Highlands had been at war for 7 years. Secret plots and betrayals have taken a lot from either party including my mother but this marriage between myself and the Crown Prince of Aliria is supposed to put an end to the war.

I've never seen Prince Tristan but I've heard many things about him. Some good but many bad. Very bad.

Rican helped me down the ship and we were greeted by a carriage which was to take us to the Aliria Castle which many people called the God's eye due to it being shaped like an eye from the view of the sky.

The ride was quiet enough, I've learned to speak only when I have something of value to contribute. My mother always said a girl that talks uselessly is a girl with nothing on her mind.

The carriage stopped soon enough and Rican looked at me with a sense of urgency. "It's time, Princess."

Licking my lips I take a deep breath and nod my head for him to proceed. He stepped outside of the carriage and held out his hand for me to take.

Releasing the breath I was holding I take his hand and step gracefully down onto the foreign land I will now call home.

"The Princess Cassandra Lockhart of the House Lockhart, Daughter to the King Kander Lockhart of the House Lockhart, first of his name and Protector of the Highland Kingdom." One of the announcers states and I put my arms together looking over the party of people that had been there to greet me.

"Welcome, Princess." Remley, the King of Aliria says with a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. "I hope you find your stay here very pleasant."

My stay here? I'm to live here, permanently. That in itself was off.

I returned the smile as I bow in front of him, the way I've been taught to do my whole life. "Your Majesty, it's a great pleasure. Thank you for your hospitality and welcoming me into your home."

I rise once again to look at him in his eyes as he huffed in pleasant acknowledgement.

"May I introduce my Wife, the Queen Marcella." Remley says and I bow once again

"Your grace, tales of your beauty do not do you justice." I say with a smile as I rise once more

Her smile, however, does reach her eyes as she looks upon me, "Yours as well, Princess. Quite the beauty."

"My son, Prince Tristan." Remley says putting his hand on the shoulder of a dark haired, olive skinned boy around my age whose lips was in a stern straight line and his eyes glimmering but unreadable. "Your betrothed."

"Prince Tristan." I greet with another bow

"Princess Cassandra." He replies with a curt nod of his head.

The thought of what he thought of me crossed my mind because whilst I'm not partially mad at what I see, I don't know if he feels the same.

Remley looks between us for minute before speaking once again, "I would introduce you to my daughter but she died at the hands of your uncle."