"Hey." I skipped over to him.

"Guys this is Lexi, she's about to be the newest member of our pack." He told the group loud enough for everyone to hear, but not to loud that the humans would hear.

"Hey doll." "Nice." "Coolio." "What's up?" "Hello." Those words were all thrown about. I just weakly waved back and smiled. I shifted awkwardly on my feet, not liking all eyes on me.

"I don't like attention." I whispered harshly into John's ear. He just flopped his arm over my shoulder and chuckled.

"That's fine. You don't really have a choice anyways." He shrugged. I stared at him shocked. He didn't help me at all. He didn't even say sorry.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flys." I snapped it closed, pouting lightly still trapped under his heavy arm.

"Hey Lexi." Chase came up and put his arm around my waist, pulling me gently away from John. "John." He nodded at him. He almost seemed to be warning him off. The thought made me laugh a little, he had no competition, nothing to even worry about. Chase glances down at me, no doubt wondering my I'm giggling to myself, but I just shrugged and kissed his cheek.

His smile dropped and his face hardened. "Thoughts to your self please about my girlfriend!" He turned and snapped full Alpha to the pack.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I hope no one else ever sees the images they were thinking in their head. You're mine." I blushed, and looked away. Hopefully they weren't think mean things about me. I thought they all seemed nice.

"You're too beautiful for your own good, and you hardly even notice." Chase shook his head at me, causing me to blush as understanding flooded my mind. "Some people here find you too beautiful for my liking, my little wolf." He whispered in my, causing me to blush all over again. He just chuckled as I wiggles in his hold.

A whistle blew loud, we all turned to see a large male coach. He looked to be around 25, tall, blonde, strong, you get the picture. "Today." He hollered. "We will be playing basketball! Get into teams!" I just stayed with John and Chase.

"You don't have to play if you don't want to." Chase told me.

"What?" I faked being shocked! "Is the big bad Alpha afraid of being beat by a girl?"

"In your dreams sweet cheeks!"

"You are!" I flirted smirking.

The whistle blew, and we were off. I easily stole the ball, and dribbled cross court over to our goal. I jumped up and nailed a layup.

"What now!?" I yelled to him.

"That all you got?" All of our talk was just play. I mean we were on the same team!

"Nope. But it's all you can handle!" I jokingly patted his cheek, before turning and running back to the game.

"Foul! She touched me!" He yelled out laughing. Everyone else just laughed too, there were no fouls again your own teammates.

Me and Chase went back and forth getting the points. In the end our team won like 58 to 3. Even the coaches laughed at me and Chase's playful banter. We were trying way to hard for a high school gym class.

"You're just lucky I went easy on you!" He swung his arm over my shoulder.

"Easy! Pffffff. What ever you say all mighty Alpha! I think I kicked your butt, but you don't want to admit defeat!" I poked his chest with my last word, laughing as I looked up at him.

"Whatever you say, cutie!" He winked before pulling away, and walking towards the locker room.

I don't bother changing out of the shorts, after all that was my last period. Now it time to go home!

"Wanna go for smoothies?" John bounded over to me as I walked out of the locker room.

"Sure." I shrugged.

••••

"Chase why are we going this way?" I asked from the backseat. Stupid John claimed that since he invited me, he got shot gun rights.

"We're going to that really big one a couple towns over. What's it called again... Ummm Berry Bloom?"

I swallowed. "Berry Boom?" We were going straight into my old packs territories. I'd only been gone a few weeks! I'm not ready to be anywhere near those people again. Anywhere near Alex again.

"Yeah that's it!" He snapped his fingers.

"Umm Chase?"

"Yeah." He said distracted, checking the map on his phone.

"That's my old pack territory..." I mumbled a little scared.

His spine stiffened, And his grip on the wheel tightened, he sat his phone down on the console. He reached his hand back and held onto mine, "I promise they won't touch you, okay?"

"Thanks." It wasn't touching I was nervous about. I didn't want to see my mate. I know he's slept with other girls since I left, I've felt it. But seeing him would really twist the knife already stabbed into my heart. I know I have Chase and friends now, but a part of me, no matter how much I hate Alex, will always want him.

I crossed my fingers as we pulled into the parking lot.

"Please don't be here, please don't be here, please!" I chanted in my head.

Looking around the parking lot I saw something I wish I never had. The sight will forever be stuck in my mind. Repeating itself over, and over. My heart shattered, my eyes leaked unwelcome tears, as I watched an awful sight unable to stop it.

Alex had a blonde girl shoved against the side of the car. His hand was up her shirt, and her tongue down his throat. I whimpered slightly, unable to look away from the sight before me. My wolf bowled within me. Her pain radiated through my body.

My whimper caught Chases attention, he looked over to where I was looking. "Is that-?"

I just nodded. I could form words around the lump in my throat.

"I'm sorry love..." He pulled me to him and kissed my forehead. "It'll be okay. Do you want to leave?"

I shook my head, unable to speak. He just took my hand, kissing my knuckles in response. I'm not leaving. I refuse to be weak.

••••••

Alex's POV

I heard a whimper that made my wolf howl in pain. I tried to ignore it as I continued kissing Jessica. Finally I pulled away to appease my wolf, to see what it was. I grunted in annoyance, we were just getting to the good part. I wiped my fingers off onto my jeans, glancing around the parking lot.

There stood my beautiful mate, wrapped in another mans arms. That tramp! She already moved on?

I turned back to Jessica and kissed her harder and rougher than before, making her moan. Releasing all of my frustration into this sloppy meaningless kiss. I dove my hand back under her skirt. I could hear my mates sad cry. It tore my heart to pieces, but if she could so easily be held by someone else... well then so could I.