Chapter 20

-------SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES I HAVE NOT EDITED IT YET!!!!--------

Recap-

"What the hell Chase? Why the sudden 180? I can't deal with this!" I screamed at him not caring that I was in just a black lace bra. "I can't deal with this. I need my loving Chase, the one that almost killed my brother for hurting me, not the one that kicks me away when I'm crying. I love you so so much Chase. You're my everything, don't do this."

He just stared blankly at me. "'Make sure you get the whole pack at the funeral in time, and don't let anyone leave after. They all need to be there when Matt and I battle for Alpha rank."

"Please don't Chase! Please! You can't get hurt. Please! Think about everything you've told me. You don't do fights for ranks! Please!" I sobbed grabbing into his arm.

"Get dressed then leave." He boomed in his alpha voice.

I cowered and whimpered throwing on a my shirt, before running out of the room.

This is a wreck.

Chapter 20

LEXI'S POV

I borrowed a black dress from another pack member, I was too scared of what going into my room might produce. I couldn't stand another banishing from Chase.

What's wrong with me? Why does everyone turn away? I was already rejected once, I can't do it again. I just don't understand what I did to deserve any of this. Maybe if I was nicer my parents wouldn't have died and Matt wouldn't have turned into such a cruel person. Maybe Alex would've loved me if I was just a little bit skinner.

I looked into the mirror in front of me, my blonde hair was in its natural waves, parted to one side, I had on only minimal make up, mascara and concealer. I couldn't smile though, not even a forced half hearted one. It's just all been so hard.

I thought back to Connor's words, about how I made Chase so happy. Was he right? Did I make him happy? Maybe if I just stick by his side, he'll snap out of it eventually?

I tried asking my wolf but she ignored me, she hasn't talked to me since the bedroom incident.

I took a deep breath and remembered my promise to Connor and to Chase's mom.

"I will stay by his side." I vowed to myself. Nodding my head I walked out of the room and over to Tucker's.

Within two seconds after knocking he opened the door. "Hey." He said fiddling with his tie. I forced a small smile his way. Tucker deserved all the happiness in the world. He was the best guy I think I have ever known.

I swatted his hands away and quickly fixed it for him, "Come on let's go." I grabbed is arm and dragged him out of the room. "We've got a long day." I wrapped my arm through his as we hustled  down the stairs.

.

.

.

.

The funeral was short and sweet, Chase didn't let it drag for too long. But nice things were said, and there were beautiful flowers. Everyone was sad, but in a way, ready for it. Typically mates just can't live very long after their significant other has died. It literally crushes their heart. I could tell Chase just wanted to get to the fight, he was so jittery. He just wanted to win Alpha.

As much confidence as I have in Chase, he's not seeing right, his wolf is in complete control and he's very power hungry. I know my brother well, and he's a nasty fighter. I just can't see Chase get hurt.

I shifted next to Tucker on the wooden pew, just watching the pack preacher finishing up. A few tears fell as I thought about Chase's mom. He's lost his mom and his dad all within a year, heck within a few months.