Chapter 3

Lexi's POV

Sunlight spilled into the room through the window, I slowly opened my eyes to see Chase still sleeping. He looked so at ease and youthful. He shifted in his sleep, and unconsciously pulled me closer. He muttered something, and put his face in my neck. I shuttered in pleasure from his warm breath, putting a crimson blush on my cheeks. I tried to shift away, but his grip was too firm.

It tried to shimmy down out of his hold, that just created an awkward situation. I could feel his "buddy" pressed against me.

"Chase. Chase... Chase, wake up!" I whispered to him. "Come on!"

"Oh, sorry." He slipped his arms from around my waist, I scooted away a little and turned. His face was cherry red. I giggled a little. "What are you laughing at?" He pouted slightly.

"You're cute when you blush." I smiled, blushing myself as I said it.

"We'll it's your fault." He blamed defensively. He tried to stand up, but I grabbed him hand quickly trying to back track. I hadn't meant to offend him.

"Don't go! I'm just joking."

"Under one condition." Oh god what's he gonna say? "Kiss me. Full on, no pecks." I gulped.

"Fine." I pretended to act confident, but I refused to make eye contact. My cheeks flamed, he grabbed my chin and tilted it up, looking me in the eyes.

"You don't have to." He sounded a little hurt. I just closed my eyes and leaned in. Tingles shot through my body, from my toes to my head. It wasn't the same electrifying shocks from when my mate touched me, but it was pleasurable just the same. At first it was just soft. Then Chase flipped us so he was on top of me. He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. At first I denied, but then he growled and bit it lightly. I opened up grinning against his lips, and he immediately took dominance. I grabbed his hair, pulling lightly he moaned, and slipped one of his hands under my shirt, just to my stomach. I finally had to pull away breathless. He kissed my neck once before, laying down next to me.

I glanced over at him, to see him looking at me. I blushed scarlet, and looked away. "You're so perfect. I don't understand how he was able to turn you away. How are you not running in his mind?" He paused, as if debating his next words. "I've barley known you two days, and I can't get you out of my mine."

"Whatever." I blushed, yet again.

"Honestly. I love your innocence. You really don't get how beautiful you are, I hate that he broke a part of you, but it only makes me want me to make it all better. I love how my mom loves you, I love your wavy hair. You're perfect to me." I looked away, I could feel my whole body on fire now, from blushing. "No, look at me." He pulled me back to him.

I looked up into his eyes. Just then there was a knock on the door, ruining everything.

"Chase? Sweetie are you in here? Your dad needs you to make runs!" Sally came walking on in. I blushed and tried to pull away from Chase, but he only pulled me closer.

"Aww y'all are so cute!" She gushed, I blushed even harder. "Let me go get my phone, I wanna take a picture." She squealed, I somehow managed to blush even more.

"Mom," Chase groaned at her.

"Sorry, sorry I won't. I just go excited." She sighed, seeming to be disappointed.

"I'll go down in a minute mom." He smiled at his mother. She winked at me, before closing the door.

"Oh Lord!" I groaned, and put my head into Chase's chest. He chuckled at me.

"As much as I would love to stay in bed with you all day, I can't. Duty calls."

  I quickly got dressed into some shorts and a tee-shirt. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and brushed my teeth. There was no need for make up today, I was just going to offer to clean the house anyways. I skipped down the stairs, and straight into the kitchen. People were everywhere, chatting, drinking coffee, eating, the little kids were running under foot, and a timer was going off for something. The clock to my right said nine o'clock. These people are early risers! At our pack house, everyone started their day around 11.