Chapter 14

SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES!!!!

||||• Not everyone could see this chapter before. Soooo lets try this again!•||||

*I'd like to make a special shout out to @BeanzCayla1013 for being such an amazing fan! And making me cry from their wonderful comments!(:*

LEXI'S POV

The white cotton fabric was smooth against my bare legs as I turned in bed. It was still pitch dark out, but I couldn't fall back asleep. I continued to twist and turn, trying to find the right spot. But nothing was going to help. It was 4:23 in the morning, yet I was wide awake.

I finally came to terms with this fact. So I slipped out of bed. Figuring no one would be up at this unGodly hour, I stayed in Chase's teeshirt.

I was trying to creep down the stairs quietly when I heard a rustling in the kitchen. 'Crap.' I inwardly groaned. I didn't really want to run into anyone. I still want a snack though.

I tip toed into the kitchen to see Alex standing in front of an open fridge. The light gleamed into his face, making his eyes glow. Regardless of the hate I hold in my heart for him, my heat picks up pace a little at the sight of him. A side effect of the damn mate bond. I froze.

' Maybe he'll be nicer when it's just us...' My wolf reasoned with me. 'Maybe we can finally explain everything.'

'Ok.' I told my wolf. Continuing to walk into the kitchen.

"Hey." I spoke gently walking over to the center island.

"Hey..." His eyes scanned my body. I could hear a low growl emit from him, but I tried to ignore it. His wolf was probably angry about me being in another man's clothing. I was now regretting not putting on pants at least. I walked over and stood leaning at the counter.

"You couldn't sleep either?" I kept my voice low, knowing that everyone else was asleep.

"I haven't in a while." He spoke. He didn't sound angry, but I knew it was my fault he couldn't sleep. Another mate effect. You were supposed to be together.

"Oh?" What was I supposed to say? I'm not going to apologize. If it hadn't been for him we could've been happily ever after. I would've fallen in love with him in no time. I wasn't the one who turned away from my mate.

"You know it hard to sleep without your mate once you've met them..." Now I could detect the anger in his voice. I sucked in a deep breath, praying we weren't about to argue. Within an instant he was pressing my stomach into the counter, his body pressed tightly into my back. The cold counter dug into my stomach. "So, have you been able to sleep?" His words whispered into my ear caused tingles to shoot through my body. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. It clouded his normally appealing sent. My wolf was on high alert, already able to tell he has had way too much to drink by the sloppy movements of his body. It took a lot to get a werewolf drunk. I can only imagine how much he has consumed. Everywhere he touched my skin caught fire. My heart beat quickened. Not in pleasure but with fear. I think I'm the only mate one the planet who is truly repulsed by her mates touch at this moment.

"I've slept fine, thank you." I clipped my words, while trying to push him off of me. So much for being nice. I didn't push him very far. Instead I basically just wiggled around with no avail.

"I somehow don't believe that baby." His hand rubbed up and down my side. "But maybe I do because you sleep with Chase every night, you slut." His harsh words whispered in my ear brought tears to my eyes. I loved Chase. I know I'm not a slut. But the sharpness in his voice and the hatred from my mate broke my heart a little bit more than it already was.