Chapter 4

Lexi's POV

I could smell the smoke from the barbecue pit, the moonlight shined off the water, and the stars glistened in the night sky. The scene in front of me was so perfect, it almost felt like an out of body experience. How did I of all people stumble into this new life?

I was seated by myself on the edge of the dock, with my feet dangling in the water. I could feel the effects of the night air coming over me. Suddenly my bikini wasn't so warm. I shivered slightly, I was about to go grab my clothes, when hands covered my eyes. On instinct I reached up and grabbed the hands, attempting to push them away.

"Guess who?" I heard Chase's familiar voice call out. A smile instantly came to my lips. Instead of telling him what I already knew, I played along with his game.

"A really ugly little wolf?" I heard him scoff. "A really ugly mean ogor?" I paused pretending to think, "Ummm... A really ugly-"

"Do they all start with really ugly?" He laughed at my lame insult. I laughed along with him.

"Hey I never said I was good at insults! And how could I think of any real insults for you, my perfect Chase." I shoved his hands from my eyes again, this time he let me, and pulled him down next to me. I thoughtlessly reached my hand towards his, and he allowed me to intertwine our fingers. I sighed contently.

"So, did you like the lake?" He asked, dragging out the so. I giggled, nodding my head.

"It was amazing, thank you." I smiled at him. I then closed my eyes, and leaned my head onto his shoulder. We sat in a blissful silence for a couple minutes before I opened my eyes. I turned to look at him, but his close proximity caught me off guard. I sucked in a breath. My lungs felt tight and my heart was beating rapidly.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered with his lips hovering over mine. I barley nodded my head, before his lips crashed into mine. He immediately lulled his tongue into my mouth. He leaned us back, to hovered over me, caressing my chilled skin on my waist. The kiss was passionate, and full of want. A feeling I've rarely felt. I held no tension, no fear, no nerves. Just pure bliss. I moaned in the back of my throat when his hand reached down to cup my lower back. He didn't go any further though, and for that I was grateful. My heart swelled with trust, knowing he respected me enough to not grope all over me for our first kiss. We kissed for a couple of minutes, before pulling away breathlessly. I looked up into his eyes, as he stared down at me. I didn't know I could ever be this happy.

"You're amazing, Ms. Lexi." He whispered. I could feel his hot breath blow on my neck, I shivered slightly. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. My eyes went back to his lips, to see he was grinning too.

"LOVE BIRDS!" One of the guys called out, "FOODS READY!!!"

"Let's go get food, cutie." Chase stood up and grabbed my hands, pulling me to my feet. He grabbed my waist, pecking my lips, my cheek, then my shoulder one last time.  "Let's go." He smiled pulling me along.

"Who wants s'mores?" A girl named Cindy hollered. She was a cute little red head, I'm pretty sure she was one of the boys mates, but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

"I want one!" I ran over to her. We talked and giggled about random things, while we roasted our marshmallows. Everyone was all gathered around the fire, and we were all having so much fun. I never had anything like this before. I hardly had people to call friends before. I feel so...

At home my wolf answered for me. I had definitely found my home.

-

Chase and I walked up the front walk hand in hand. My head was rested against his shoulder and I struggled to keep my eyes open.