Chapter 17

-------SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT YET BEEN EDITED!!-------

LEXI'S POV

Alex never came back that night. Some of his pack started to get worried. Heck, even I started to get a little worried. Chase, me, and Tucker were staying up late in case he finally did come back.

None of his pack could reach him through mind link. His Beta was no where to be found.

"What happens if he never comes back?" I asked. I was curled up on the couch with Chase. His arm around my body, my head on his shoulder.

"I'm not sure..." Chase replied, rubbing my bare arm with his thumb.

"We can always take over his pack." Tucker smiled, I could practically feel his excitement over the idea.

I just laughed as they started to argue the ups and down of it. Through their bickering I heard a car door slam. Obviously they didn't, as they were still in full argue mode! I pushed myself off of Chase and stood up. I was half way across the room when Chase called out asking where I was going.

"I heard a car door! I'm sure it's nothing but I just wanna check, okay?" I continued walking. Chase just nodded his head and they went back to their little argument.

I pushed open the front door and I was greeted by the cool windy night air. "Alex?" I called out stepping outside of the house further.

I saw a truck at the end of the driveway, but I wasn't quite sure whose it was. "Alex, is that you?" I tried again.

A hand cover my mouth, and a body pushed up against my. I squealed and wiggled trying to get free. But my attacker was much stronger. I knew it was a male by his hard on digging into me. I was far to shocked to even pick up the scent, and my instincts hadn't even fully kicked in to get my attacker off of me.

"Shhhh little Lexi. We wouldn't Chase coming and ruining our fun, would we?" His evil voice whispered in my ear. It was the voice of a man who had tormented me for years. Who had hurt me in so many ways....

"Matt!" I tried to scream from behind his hand. At least we found the beta...

'CHASE!' I screamed through mind link.

One of Matt's hands traveled to the bottom of my shirt, coming up under it and grabbing my boob. Squeezing it and pulling it in painful ways. "You've really grown up since you've been gone" His other hand traveled to my crotch, as he rubbed me through my shorts. Tears gathered in my eyes, as I tried to pull away. How could my own brother do this?

Within seconds Matt's hand were ripped from my body. I was shoved back. Growls ripped threw the night air. I watched helplessly as Chase and Matt fought.

Chase was on the verge of shifting. The shake in his hands and the fire lit in his eyes gave it away. I silently begged him not to, we need to get along for the sake of our pack. We can't risk going home right now...

"Are y'all okay?" Tucker's voice carried out into the night. I ran over to him and clung to his chest.

"Make them stop Tucker! Please!" I pleaded.

"You got it princess." He gently pushed me away from his body and ran over to the boys, pulling them apart with much effort. I could tell he was having difficulties, so I started to talk to Chase.

"Come on chase. He's not worth it." I paused waiting for his reaction, but he continued to fight.

"Please just come hold me Chase. I'm scared." I rushed out quietly.

That did the trick. He was instantly by my side, holding me. "I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry." He hissed my hair over and over, holding me tightly in his safe hands.

"It's okay." I whispered to him, eyes closed. I could barley hear Tucker in the distance yelling at Matt. I only caught a few key words, such as 'asshole', 'kill you', 'bastard', and 'leave'.

"Can we please go inside?" I whispered to Chase. Suddenly my feet were pulled off the ground, and I was being carried bridal style to my bedroom.

When we reached the room, Chase gently set me down in bed, flipped off the light switch, and crawled in bed next to me. Still fully clothed, we cuddled up and fell asleep safe in each others arms.

-----

Dreams take you to a magical place. Everything you want is yours, everything you didn't know you wanted is yours. People say the things you've wanted them to say. People do the things you've wanted them to do. Sometimes, you didn't even realize that was what you wanted until you saw it.

But sweet dreams, are so easily turned into demonic shatters of peace. Suddenly your dreams are what scares you most. Your biggest fears coming to life.

I don't know which kind of dream I had. That's what's troubling me. In the dream Alex was there with me. I was never rejected, I never met Chase, and I lived happily.

I don't know if that's what I wanted, or feared.... When I'm awake the thought of loosing Chase is devastating. But do I really feel that way? Or am I pretending to, so I don't get hurt again....?

Do I love Alex?

-----

"Sweetie, go back to bed..." Chase's voice filled the quiet night air. I sat curled into the window seat, with a pillow on my lap. I turned back to look at him, the clock behind him showed it was 3:47.

"I'm fine, just go to sleep Chase." I looked back out the window. The street light flickered, trees swayed in the distance. 'I'll have to start school again soon' I thought to myself. I've already missed about a week, I definitely need to get caught up...

I looked up at the stars. "Where are you Alex..." I whispered to myself.

'Im fine darling.' I heard his voice I'm my head.

Oh my lord! I'm going crazy!

'No your not!' His laughter filed my head. 'It's the mate connection darling. If we try hard enough we can communicate.'

'Oh.' I paused for a beat. 'Then tell me where the hell you are!!! You're pack is worried sick... Even I am.'

'I am letting you love Chase. I know you'll never love me. I've hurt you too much. Just know I'm safe. For now I'm handing all powers down to my beta, your brother.'

My breath caught. I didn't know what to say. He's letting me go?

'Thank you.'

'I'll always have a place in my heart for you Lexi. And I'll be here if you ever want me again. Always remember that. I just can't love you the way Chase can. I'd rather just know you're happy. I'm so sorry.' Then I was blocked. I don't know where he is, or where he's going, but I'm free.

A smile took over my face, as I thought through it all.

Now there only one thing left to deal with, the packs.

——

V O T E

F A N

C O M M E N T

T H A N K S

L O V E Y O U