Chapter 2

Lexi's POV

I was walking out of my last class before the lunch break, when a hand covered my mouth and another hand wrapped around my waist effectively pulling me back. Tingles shot up my arms. I screeched into the hand. My mind was swirling with worry, yet my body wasn't even tense. My wolf was completely at ease..... Normally being caught off guard would anger her, but instead she was calm. Almost happy in a way.

"Shut up! There's no need to squeal!" A gruff voice huffed annoyed. There in front of me stood Alex Jackson. My Future Alpha, the starting quarter back, straight A student, and most heart breaking of all, the biggest player of Little Creek High School.

"I- I'm sorry." I crumpled back slightly, upset with myself for annoying him. I looked down, causing my glasses to slip down my nose slightly.

His hand reached out towards my face like he was going to hold me, but then fell back to his side. "Look me in the eyes." He commanded.

I obliged, a gasp caught in my throat, when I looked him in the eyes, my wolf howled. I pushed my glasses back up on my nose, staring at him in awe.

Mate! He's our mate!

I smiled, "You're my mate..."

"Yes. But no. I'm rejec-" I know where his words are going immediately. My smiles dropped from my face. Tears prick my eyes, my shoulders slouch, and I bit my lip to keep my emotions in check the best I could. "reject- I'm rejecting- oh God!" He stammered on his words looking at me. His eyes looked torn, but his words still bit into me. He looked like he was in pain. Probably upset that I was his mate. His sad and upset look was ripping out my heart and leaving an open wound.

"It's okay. I get it. Don't worry, I'm not worth it anyways." I give him a fake thin lipped smile, desperately wanting him to not look so upset. His face was not emotionless, I guess that's better than before. I stared at him a second, giving him a chance to say something. The silence ate at my heart, I  turned and let myself out the door. My muscles felt weak and tender, as if I would fall on the floor in a pathetic little puddle at any given moment. He didn't stop me. Never once did he reach out. I was like I was falling into a sea of nothing, and I had no idea how to stop.

I didn't go to lunch. Instead I walked aimlessly around the school. I thought that maybe if I was was doing something, it would keep my mind off of Alex. But of course luck was not in my favor and that didn't happen. Instead the aching in my chest grew with time.

The day dragged out even longer than normal. I would see Alex randomly throughout the day and my heart was crushed a little more each time. My wolf cried all day, not allowing me to get any work done.

By the time the final bell rang I was so drained and empty I couldn't even think straight. Due to this impairment I missed the bus, causing me to walk home.

The thirty minute walk wasn't bad, it allowed me to think through the events that today held.

Your mate rejected you. He doesn't want you here. Your brother doesn't want you here. And even if he does it's not actually for you. You are fat. You're so ugly that you're own mate dosent even want you. No one will miss you. They won't even notice you're gone. You have no friends. Just go.

My mind crushed what little strength I had left in me. And by the end of the walk I had decided. I have to leave.

Maybe I can become a better person if I leave. And years from now I can come back. Maybe if I workout more and get skinny my brother with accept me as a sister and Alex won't hate me so much. I know I'll never be good enough to be his mate, but maybe if I can find a way to be prettier or smarter he'll let me be his friend.