Chapter 10: Argument

Start from the beginning

"Finally we're alone-"

"Just say what you have to say. Don't drag it out." I sighed

Jimin looked at me nervously for a second but relaxed.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know that the date was really bad but I can fix it! We can disguise ourselves more and better so no one can recognize me! I'll put on a wig or something and get a-"

"Don't you know that the problem was the disguise? The whole entire date, you were covering yourself. You didn't even care that I was right in front of you, all you cared about was if you were seen with me. Was I that embarrassing that you can't even be seen with me?" I asked

"No! That's not it! If I'm seen with a girl, my career would go down because of scandals! " Jimin said.

"So then we shouldn't date, you only care about your fame and reputation. There's no point in dating if we're not allowed to." I crossed my arms, waiting for what he has to say to fix this.

"You have no say in that, you're the one that only cares about fame and reputation! You constantly lie to bring your popularity up, just look at us! We're fake dating so that you can keep YOUR reputation! You want to keep your reputation so badly that you don't even consider my feelings!" Jimin fought back.

"You are the one that proposed to fake date, not me! I told you that you can just tell everyone about all my lies, but you insisted on pretending to be a couple!" I yelled.

"Well I'm sorry you were just sitting there crying and sobbing like a baby, I actually did something nice for you but you can't appreciate it! If it weren't for me, you would've been a nobody and an outcast! In fact you have nothing and nobody except ME! You are nothing but a liar and I regret helping you in the first place!" Jimin bursted out.

...

"Wait no, I didn't mean to say that!" Jimin tried to hold my hand but I pulled it away.

"No you're right, I'm nothing but a liar. But you're wrong about me having no one except you. I have no one at all, not even you. I know it sounds shameless but it's true, I don't have anyone." I said while look at him straight in his eyes.

"So don't act like you mean the world to me, don't act like you're everything to me, don't act like you're there for me. I have no one but myself and I'm fine with it." I grabbed my bag and got up from my seat.

Jimin tried to hold me back but I pushed him off.

"Hey where are you going? Detention isn't over!" Ms. Ahn came in.

I walked right past her as Jimin tried to catch up to me.

"Y/n I didn't mean that. It just came out of my mouth." Jimin walked next to me as I walked towards the exit.

"Just leave me alone. Don't even think about contacting me." I walked faster and Jimin finally gave up on trying to catch up to me.

After exiting out of the school, I head home. I was still angry but as a few minutes go by, I became rather sad than mad.

"Who is he to think I only have him? He acts like he's the only person in my life." I mumbled as I was kicking rocks.

"Who's 'he'?" A voice came out of nowhere

"AH!" I screamed.

"Jungkook! You can't just sneak up on me like that!" I held my chest after being frightened.

"Sorry but your reaction was funny!" Jungkook laughed.

I smiled.

"How did you find me anyway?" I asked.

"I was at this store to buy something for my hyung but I saw you walking by. We first met at this store remember! Also why are you walking this way, your house is that way right?" He pointed to the opposite direction.

He must be talking about my fake apartment.

"Yeah, but I'm going to my friends house." I lied.

"Oh okay, who were you talking about by the way?" Jungkook asked.

"My brother, we had a fight recently." I lied again.

"Oh okay, it's late. Did you just get out of school?" Jungkook tilted his head.

"You ask so many questions, I was talking in class so I got detention." I said, wow I didn't lie this time.

"You're going to your friends house right? I guess I shouldn't hold you back any longer then!" Jungkook laughed.

"Well bye then noona!" Jungkook waved goodbye.

"Bye." I waved back.

I sighed in relief and started walking home again.

"Jungkook is a much better guy than Jimin." I mumbled.

I walked to my doorstep to see my parents looking at a paper.

"Y/n what is this?" My mom asked.

"I don't know, what is it." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at your mother." My dad said.

"You grades are dropping even lower, explain this." My mom handed me the paper of my grades.

"Mom can we talk about this later? I'm not feeling well." I handed the paper back.

"Don't use such an excuse. Explain to me why your grades are dropping lower and lower!" She said sternly.

"Mom please! I don't want to talk right now!"

As my mother saw my condition, she sighed and reluctantly gave up.

"Fine, but you better have an explanation tomorrow."

I walked up to my room, looking clearly upset. I sat on my bed and threw my bag across the room.

"What a stupid life, I'm useless. I should get a part-time job."

I decided to sleep early so I got ready for bed and laid down.

"What if I didn't exist anymore. No one would care...right?" I closed my eyes and fell asleep.