Epilogue

*Two years later*

"These damn kids don't stop moving!" Kegan growled, flopping on the floor dramatically as Calix chased their excited pups around the room.

The toddlers were all just learning to shift, something they had the ability to do once they were born, but they had to develop strength and some kind of connection with their inner wolf. That was why they were all shifting at two whereas Kegan was unable to shift until he was five and could at least sense Jade's emotions.

Their oldest, Lenox, was the protector of their tiny sibling pack, but the second oldest and the only girl, Tatum, was the leader of the group. She was an Alpha, Lenox a Beta, and their runt, Preston, was an Omega, but he was just as rowdy and aggressive as his playful siblings.

"Hey, drama queen," Calix said, holding Lenox by his scruff. "Will you take him while I hunt down the other two?"

Kegan held out his hands and too wolf pup, ignoring the wiggling and attempts to get away and run after his siblings. "Knock it off," he growled, making the pup sigh and stop twitching. "There's more people in this house than just you, and I doubt any of them enjoy being woken up at five in the morning."

Lenox yipped happily when Calix walked over with their other two pups.

"Remind me to never get out of bed at five in the morning to get a glass of water," Calix muttered, walking back into their room and putting the pups back into their crib. "Shift back, all of you," he demanded in his Alpha tone.

Though they were young, the pups understood what Calix wanted and they all whimpered as they shifted back into their human forms.

Kegan took the kids one at a time and put them into pajamas. He loved them, but he didn't understand how they could figure out how to climb out of a crib and run around the house without he and Calix noticing for ten minutes.

"Stay in your bed," Calix said, taking a sip of the water that he'd ventured out of the room to get.

Lenox whined, jumping in their bed and grabbing the side bars. "Daddy! Want movie," he begged.

Their vocabulary was getting much better and they were all very clear about their wants.

"It's five in the morning!" Calix said exhaustedly.

Kegan patter Calix's shoulder. "Honey, they can't tell time," he said, smirking as Calix rolled his eyes with his own smile. "Go to sleep, I'll let them watch a show and they'll most likely fall back asleep."

"But then you'll be tired!"

"It's not like anything big is going on today," Kegan pointed out, sliding out of bed and lifting his pups one at a time out of the crib and placing them on the bed. "We can sleep in a bit."

The pups immediately got comfortable in between Calix and Kegan, all eyes glued on the screen as Kegan played a movie for them.

"I love you," Calix whispered as he laid on his side and closed his eyes. "So much."

"Love you too," Kegan responded, petting Calix's hair until he fell back asleep.

As he listened to the movie playing in the background, Kegan kept looking at his mate and pups. For years he didn't think it possible that he could have such a beautiful life and family, but there he was.

And he'd never let them go.

~The End~