"So... where to next after this?" Eden asked, placing the end of a black licorice into her mouth before biting it off. She looked between Molly and I a few times. Of course, Molly wanted to go shop at the cashmere store because apparently her blue one was faded and she needed to get a new one to replace it.

Eden's nose wrinkled, grumbling out, "So Gigi and I have to wander around the store aimlessly, longing for things that we can never purchase ever... while you buy yourself another sweater to add to the the thousands you have?! Ha!"

She looked at me with a frown and jabbed her thumb in Molly's direction, "You believe this girl?"

I smiled back, nodding since it was expected of Molly.

She and I were close even if it didn't seem like it. Whenever I needed to talk, growing up, she made time for me since she knew that I couldn't go to my sister who ignored the fact that she had a little sister to begin with.

Sure, we ended up talking about Molly at the end of my need of talking, but that was just my best friend. And it was nice to receive a random, and expensive, gift from her every once in a while. Not that that was why I was friends with her. I just thought it was proof that Molly wasn't a selfish person. It showed that she cared about our friendship.

"I don't mind helping you look for your blue sweater," I told Molly, reaching towards my candy bag again. I could hear Eden grumble that we'd be doing what Molly wanted. Again.

Molly squealed, clapping her hands repeatedly in front of her as she excitedly told me how dependent I was and then went on in detail of describing what the sweater looked like and what brand the tag had on it. I nodded along to what she was explaining, but then started to fidget uncomfortably.

Scrunching my face as I shifted around, I rolled my shoulder back to ease the tension. Didn't work. Blinking a few times, I took a deep breath and leaned my head to the side because of the discomfort I felt in my neck. I glanced at Eden whose brown eyes were on me from the corners and she furrowed her brows as a way of wondering what was wrong with me.

I uncomfortably grinned then looked back at Molly still going on about her sweater. I took a hard swallow, shifting once more.

What was wrong with me?

I've never felt this much discomfort before. Ever, actually. Argh! Why is this happening?!

Without being able to sit any longer, I jumped to my feet. Eden looked up at me, frowning, "Gigi... Are you alright?"

I swallowed, weakly smiling, "Uh... yeah. I just... just needed to stretch my legs." I made a show of rubbing my hands down my jean thighs.

Molly was now looking up at me too, eyeing me as I swallowed hard and winced, "Do---do either of you get antsy and uncomfortable in the heat? Or is it just me?"

I let out a breath of air, rolling my shoulders back again while stretching the collar of my shirt with a finger.

Eden's brows raised all of a sudden and a hint of a grin appeared as she leaned her head forward.

"Oh, my God..."

"What?! What is it?!" I panicked, frowning at her as I twisted around.

"I think you're sensing your mate, Gigi," she smiled, bouncing where she sat.

I raised a brow, glancing at Molly whose blue eyes stared at me a moment before looking away. 

Shaking my head, I scoffed out a breath. "Sorry... I don't understand."