Prologue

It started off as any other day.

There wasn't anything that gave off a weird vibe when I had woken up that horrible morning. Everything was as it was supposed to be, normal.

That morning mom was downstairs looking over our monthly expenses and dad was in the kitchen with an apron wrapped around his waist while cooking up breakfast for us. 

My older brother, Wade, was at the table piling more food onto his plate though he was still on the previous plate before with his mouth stuffed. Cece, my older sister, was whining in complaint at my brother to stop hogging all the food and then whining to my mom who flatly responded, "Wade... stop hogging the food." without looking up. Then there was my younger brother, Cody, sitting at the table beside our older brother and grinning in amusement at the entertainment before him.

Like I said. Normal. Nothing was off.

And when I had finished breakfast and said my farewells to my family that I was going out to hang at the park with my friends, they smiled and waved me off. The whole drive to the park I blasted Spotify music from my phone.

So as I sit here on the grass with my two best friends, we were talking and laughing about the cute boys at the college we attended nearby. A few of them were there at the park across the ways and stealing glances at us between throwing a football around. 

Everything felt so normal. There weren't any signs of a storm heading my way. Because I did believe in signs even if it was silly to do and I thought they were special. I thought that they meant something to those who were willing to acknowledge them.

But I'd be breaking my faith in signs after that moment. Because there should have been something to let me know---to warn me---that after today,nothing would be the same for me again.

~*~*~*~

AN: Hi! Yes, if you are a previous reader of SURVIVING REJECTION then you are reading the REWRITTEN version. I did not like the original so I have decided to re-write as I go. Hope you can still enjoy this as it will still be the same plot-line (ish).