Chapter 9

I kept there looking at the celling trying to figure out what's wrong with Noah. He never acts that way.

I sat up from Nathan's arms who was sleeping soundly on the couch. I stepped over Sam who was wrapped in a blanket on the floor sleeping.

I opened the door slowly and pecked inside. Noah wasn't there, the room was completely empty. I walked into the room and walked around till I ended up next to the window.

Noah was sitting outside by the garage playing basketball alone. I opened the slide glass door as I wrapped my arms around myself to keep myself worm.

"Noah?" I said.

"What is it?" he said.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine" He said "Why do you think there's something wrong with me?"

"You didn't come to movie night" I said.

"So? Maybe I just didn't want to watch a movie with you guys"

"Y... You mean with me, don't you?" I said.

He didn't say anything so I took that as a yes.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

He threw in the ball the turned to me.

"You know, I'm not a replace for Nathan" He said pissed "I'm not a person you can just cry on their shoulder and then just walk away, I'm still a person with feeling who always puts you before anyone. But you, you always put me in third place"

"Where is this coming from?" I asked tearing up "You know I care about you, Noah"

"Well not enough for you to put me before Nathan"

"Noah, Nathan is my boyfriend" I reminded him "You got to understand"

"I'm a guy before I'm gay, so stop messing me up" he yelled "I don't even know if I'm gay anymore, you're fucking my life up"

"I... I'm sorry" I shattered.

"Just go back to your stupid boyfriend" he spat.

Was that always how I made him feel? Was I casus of problems for him?

I walked away tearing up. I walked into the bathroom and started sobbing. For some reason I hurts more than the things Nathan said to me.

After crying for a bit, I tied my hair up in a messy bun then walked outside to the living room. I cuddled up to Nathan closing my eyes a hard as I can, trying to forget the growing pain in my chest.

"Hey, are you okay?" Nathan said in a husky voice.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine" I lied "I'm just tired"

That night was practically the end of mine and Noah friendship.

....

When I woke, I found myself lying on the couch alone. I pushed away the hair that fell on my face. The place was awfully quite.

"Nathan, Sam" I called but no answer "N... Noah?"

I walked over to the kitchen to see a note on the fridge from Nathan:

Good morning babe,

Sam and I went to grab some stuff from her cousin house; I didn't want to wake you up because you looked too tired. We might be late so call me when you wake up.

Love you <3

I crumbled the paper throwing it in the garbage; I was in the worst mood ever. I walked over to Noah's room. I needed to talk to him.

I knocked the door a couple of times and waited.

"Noah" I called.

No reply so I knocked the door.

"Noah, are you in there?" I asked.

When I didn't get a reply the second time I opened the door, the room was empty. His bed was messy, his bags weren't there, the dresser was empty and the rest of his stuff was missing too.

I rushed down stairs to look for his keas which were also missing; I found a tiny note on the table from Noah:

I left so no need to wait up for me

-Noah

I picked up my phone and called him but he didn't answer so I called again.

"Noah" I said as soon as he picked it up.

"What is it?" he asked sounding annoyed.

"W... when are you coming back?"

"I'm not" I said "Didn't you read the note, of course you did that's why you're calling me"

"Is it because of me? Look I'm sorry so can you please come back" I cried "You proved your point so stop acting like this"

"I'm really busy, Alex" he said "I'll see you back at uni"

"Noah..." I said but was cut off by him hanging up.

Was he really doing this and leaving me, like I was just a source of trouble?

I sat there for a couple of minutes heartbroken and shocked trying to everything in but failed.

I did what I always do; I went back to my room and picked up my headphones and sketch book. I sat in the living room turning the volume on mix and drew my heart out trying to zoon out.

I felt the headphone being taken off of my ears. I looked up to see Nathan looking at me worried.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I'm fine, why are you asking me that?" I lied pretending.

"You're drawing while listening to Breaking the habit" he said.

"So?"

"You're pissed off or had a fight"

"Noah left because of me" I said looking down feeling guilty.

"Why are you thinking that, he would never" he said.

"He said so"

"Come here" he said pulling me up and sat me on his lap bringing me closer to his chest.

"He'll come back" he said rubbing my back.

I wanted so bad to believe him but a voice in my head kept on telling me he won't.