Chapter 17

I suck at updates, I think we all realized by now that I am bad with sticking to the schedule. By hey, you can't blame a girl for trying to. Anyways, sorry for being late ;P with no further adieu, here's a short chapter that's not edited and is all over the place.

P.s: if you're still reading this you should get awarded for your patience.

*Unedited*

Today was no different, everyone was busy and I had the whole place to myself. Fern was busy with her new special friend, Noah was also busy with his new special friend, while Nathan and Sam were out on a romantic day. I... well I was alone, under my covers enjoying the comfort it gave me. My little safe place.

I felt my phone vibrate on the night stand, it wasn't my normal ringtone. I had a different ringtone for each person I know, except for the person that was calling. For example, whenever Noah calls, Coma by Issues plays. Whenever Sam calls, My Distorted Reflection by Upon a burning body plays. When Nathan calls, I mean when he used to call, his ringtone used to be Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly; I changed it into Mad at Myself by Issues after we broke up. It makes sense after all to change it into that song.

I reached over to my phone and picked up the unfamiliar number "Hello?" I answered.

"Alex?" a familiar male voice responded "It's me, James, Remember me?"

"Of course I remember you, James" I rolled my eyes "We dated, for almost a year before you broke up with me for my best friend who wasn't interested in you at all"

"About that" he started "Let me make it up to you, I did some terrible things back then and I hurt you. Let me show you that I'm a better person than I used to be"

"Fine" I told him "Where are we meeting?"

He paused for a little before he spoke up again "How about dinner, dinner in a fancy ass place?"

"Uhhh, okay I guess" I said a bit unsure about the whole thing "Just text me the time and address"

"Kay, see you there" he said then hung up.

*A couple of hours later*

After I took a quick shower, I blow dried and curled my hair since we were going to a fancy ass restaurant after all. I quickly did my simple makeup, it wasn't full makeup though. Usually I'd wear only cat eyeliner, mascara and lip tent on daily bases; when I go out somewhere fancy however, I'd wear my normal make up plus eye shadow and highlighter. I wasn't into the whole foundation, consular and contouring thing, not that I have perfect skin, it's just because I feel uglier after I take it off.

I got dressed into my knee length off white dress; it had a high neck, fit on the top then loose under the waist. It wasn't too sexy but not adult like, it was just cute and fancy looking. I didn't go for high heels this time, I went for flats since I knew that it was going to be a long night and I'd probably lose the heel and walk barefoot at some point.

I took an Uber to the restaurant; the ride was shorter than I hoped it'd be. It was a fancy place by all means; it looked vintage on the outside, rusty golden with big windows. The theme on the inside was mostly red and golden, it had big chandeliers but dim lighting. Even though it crowded, spotting James was easy, his long gold locks could be seen from a mile away because of their shininess. He was dressed in white dress shirt tucked in beige pants and a red tie, he looked good in them, especially with his hair styled to the back like that.

A smile crossed his face when his eyes fell on me, he st78ood up almost immediately. He welcomed me with a smile and a hug, I hugged him, I hugged him to avoid causing an awkward situation and making the rest of the night awkward.