Chapter 5.2 - Screw Me Over - Chapter 17 - Jana

oncetheywrite

Screw Me Over

Chapter 17 - Jana

Birthdays weren't a big deal for me. It was just another year of me growing older. Another year closer to death. A year closer to more checkups at the doctor's office. A year closer to being off my mom's insurance...if I'm not off of that already. That is something I need to check on. Going to the doctor is important, kids. Don't skip out on the doctor like the rest of us.

Wasn't 23 supposed to be Jordan year or something like that? Can someone even explain what that means?

Anyway, the ladies of 421 thought differently. Jessica, Rena, and Carmon celebrated my birthday like it was a national holiday. They wanted to do something with me and I had no intentions of stopping them.

Hell, they were practically the only family I had to do anything with anyhow.

Sitting on the couch, I wondered exactly what they were going to plan. As all of the possibilities went through my mind, my fingers ran down the strings that made my newly fixed guitar. When the guitar was taken up to the shop, they knew exactly who plucked the strings a little too hard. Carmon used to mess around with the manager there. Sadly, he can't give anyone discounts because they are on bad terms now. Stupid Heath.

Anyway, the tone coming from my precious guitar reminded me of an old song I'd play with an old high school band. We would only cover songs from our favorite artists. One of mine just so happens to be the Gorillaz and we played one of their most popular songs all of the time. They have a song for every kind of vibe you could think of and that's why I listen to them.

A Feel Good Inc. tone came from the guitar and, as I'm playing, my eyes fell on a peeping Carmon. Her dark brown eyes fell through an open crack into Rena's room. Her nosiness interrupted my guitar playing because I wanted to know what she was looking at.

Damn it, Nose. Keep letting these girls persuade you into being nosey and you will get bigger.

Standing up from the couch, I walked closer to her and something in me just wanted to scare the living shit out of her.

"Boo!" I said as my eyes watched a frightened Carmon jump in fear. I couldn't help but chuckle hard. My plan worked exactly how I wanted it to.

Placing her hand over her heart, she spat "Jana, you scared the fuck out of me! Damn it!"

"What are you doing peeping into Rena's room? If you want a piece, you gotta work a little harder, friend," I said biting my lip to conceal myself from chuckling again.

Carmon being frightened turned me on a little. She was sexy when she was frightened or mad, but Jessica would slice my neck if she knew my thoughts about her.

As I cleared my throat to clear the thoughts in my head, Carmon folded her arms and came out with "Trying to see if she's in a good mood. I have to ask her something."

My eyes looked through the crack and landed on a half-naked Rena pacing around her box of a room. What did she have to pace around about?