Chapter 4.1 - Perfect Stranger - Chapter 3

averymarinoxo

Perfect Stranger

Chapter 3 - Your girl is without any security

Ava:

We were waiting for our food to arrive and I took the liberty to notice his features. He was so handsome that, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His eyes were like ashes and wind coming from a fire that burned everything to the ground.

They were intense, coming from the fire that probably burned deep within his soul, yet they were expressionless, almost as cold and unforgiving as the December winds.

He had a three-day stubble that made his features more captivating. He had this danger around him but I felt undeniably safe with him. It was like he had that stand-offish quality that dared contact without inviting it, hence the allure. The waiter brought in our food and we began eating.

"I believe you owe me an explanation." He insisted.

"Yeah, I know," I stated plainly.

"So," I started, "I haven't really been dating for a while because of my profession, I'm hardly ever home and no one I have met yet wants to stick around to go through this with me." I said dodging around the actual reason, "And my nana well she's pushy and nosey. If I wouldn't come with someone, she'd try to set me up with anyone she knows. And it's tiring. Besides I am the only one in my family not dating anybody so it's also a bit embarrassing." I whispered the last part as I tried to avoid his intense gaze. It was as if he was questioning me with his eyes...

"Well, I can't say I don't understand. My mother's the same." He laughed, almost wistfully?

"So, tell me, Miss-"

"Sinclair," I added.

"Do you ask every stranger you meet to be your fake boyfriend for the weekend or is that just me?" His eyes lit up with mischief as he teased me.

"No, I don't!" I blushed and his grin got bigger, I wanted to wipe that smirk off of his face.

"So, tell me about yourself..." He insisted. I got alarmed and I think he caught up on that because he immediately added, "I need to know things about you because I'm your boyfriend and if your grandmother is as nosey as you say, she will ask questions." He emphasized on the word boyfriend...

I knew he had a point so I replied,

"What do you wanna know?"

"For starters what's your middle name?"

"It's Grace. Ava Grace Sinclair."

"That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl like you." He whispered making me blush.

"Tell me about your childhood?" He seemed curious.

"Well, there's not much to tell" I sighed, "My parents died in a plane crash when I was 14, it's been me and my nana ever since. I am a photographer as you already know. And well that's that." I took a breath as I finished, "But how come you're the only one asking questions?" I said narrowing my eyes.

"Because you're not asking?" He declared.

"Touché." I snickered, "So what do you do for fun?"

"I pretend to be someone's boyfriend for the weekend," he grinned with the same glimmer of playfulness on his face. It was hard to believe that he was the same man I met at the airport...

"C'mon let's go we both have work tomorrow and then we have to leave for Oregon."

"Yeah, sure."