"Ryder, if Cynthia or anyone in her family takes the throne...we're all doomed. The Italians are going to come after my family and our bloodline is going to be lost. Without your friend, we'll won't have another chance at getting the place we deserve."

Just as I was about to answer him, my phone rang. Mr. Woo looked me in the eye and nodded. We both had a hunch of who it may be. Since I hadn't heard from or about this person in the last couple of months, it wasn't going to be a friendly conversation. I slowly pulled the phone out my pocket and put it to my ear.

"...Hello?" I answered cautiously. "Cynthia..."

"Ryder," she breathed.

Or not. I guess Mr. Woo didn't know what he was talking about.

"Are you okay?"

"Couldn't be better. How are you? I'm sorry I haven't contacted you in a while. Just...been busy."

Busy? I'm afraid that's an understatement. How could someone just forget their friends and fly to another country without telling them? That's neglect.

"It's fine. Are you alright? Is there anything you need?" I asked.

"No. I'm in Italy now and--" Cynthia started.

"Italy?" I exclaimed. "What are you doing there? Why didn't you tell me you were going?"

"You see..." She laughed a little. "It's a long story involving so many things. When you get here, I promise to explain everything to you."

"Everything?" It was my turn to laugh, but I didn't.

"Yes. Every little detail. I miss you so much."

"...Oh. I guess I'm leaving tomorrow then. Where are you?"

"Milan. I can send you the address once you land. Is that fine with you?"

"Of course. I guess I'll send you in two days?" Ryder chuckled. "Is Daniel there with you?"

"No. He's actually out with someone."

I looked at Mr. Woo and saw him mouthing a name. I immediately knew who and wondered what she had to do with this conversation. Who would have thought she had something to do with an entire different family overseas?

"Cynthia," Ryder said. "I want to bring a few friends with me. Is that fine with you?"

"Of course. Your friends are my friends," she exclaimed.

"Hmm. See you later."

"Later. I can't wait for you to get here and meet Lucio! Love you."

"Love you, too."

I put my phone away and sighed. So Ren was destined to stop this madness? What if it were someone else? Ren didn't seem like the type of person to know anything about leading an entire country. I don't think she even knows about the mafia.

"Zachary is already there. You need Ren to control the King of Malaysia."

"The King of Malaysia?" I shook my head. "There's no way she can control a king."

"There's so much you need to know about, son. Go to her and get her to go to Italy. I leave in two days, so you had better tell her now." Mr. Woo got up from his seat and left the room.

⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜

I watched from afar as Ren and Zach walked together. Before I could even get close, the two of them kissed. Ew. I just walked past like I didn't see anything. More time for me. What I heard next sounded like brainwashing.