Chapter 4

Dominick

The memory rested in the back of my mind like an itch. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Her screams and pleads echoed in my head and I couldn't drown them out. It was like she was in my ear and wouldn't go away for nothing. I keep wondering why I did it. Why did I decide to kill her?

My doctors would probably blame it on my disorder. I didn't think I had a disorder. I felt perfectly fine. I wouldn't have thought I would result to any psychopathic tendencies or even develop multiple personalities. It didn't run in my family. I don't think I would have noticed it anyway. This kind of reminded me of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

I paced the length of the basement and sighed. Was I really a dangerous asset to the gang? I'm sure Zach would tell me. Or maybe not. He was kind of scared of me. Then again, as their hyung, it fell upon my shoulders to keep my namdongsaengs from worrying too much about me. If I told any of them about this...illness, they would try to send me away. I couldn't get better.I felt fine. Sometimes.

"--and that's exactly why I never let you go out alone. You always go where you're banned from. You're like a disobedient child stuck in an adult's body."

"But I'm perfectly fine. I ain't dumb enough to go into a poisoned room. How crazy do you think I am?"

"Are you?!"

"No, but--"

"Exactly. There is no point in trying to explain. I want you in the weight room in a couple of hours. I will not be going easy on you."

"W-will Trixie be here?"

"Duh. How could she not show up?"

"Zach..."

"Kais! Go away before I slap the White off of you."

I turned around just in time to see Kais trailing after Zach in a hurry. I followed them silently to the weight room and sat down by the pull-up bar. Zach went over to the treadmill and checked to see if it was working. Kais walked close behind, barely leaving Zach room to claim personal space.

I watched this happen in silence. They hadn't noticed me yet, but I'm sure Zach knew I was in here. I didn't blink, not wanting to miss anything. Zach checked the punching bag, still ignoring Kais's pleas.

Kais finally gave up, turned around and nearly jumped through the ceiling. I smiled and winked. He glared at me and turned back to Zach.

"Could you please tell Dominick to stop sneaking up on people?" he pleaded.

"I saw him when I walked past the basement," Zach snapped. "You were too busy messing with me to notice."

"Guys, this isn't time for arguing. Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Nathan is out with Byung-chul. Cory is stuck up in his room...again." Zach took out a cigarette and a lighter. I held out my hand for one. He glanced at me, pretending not to notice my outstretched hand. "Get your own."

"Am kae," I muttered and crossed my arms.

Kais looked at me wide-eyed.

"How'd you kill that woman this morning?" he asked excitedly.

"How I'm gonna kill you, if you don't go away," I shot back.

"Come on, Dom," he whined. "Was she burned alive? Did you stab her to death?"

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. This kid. Though he was only twenty-one, Kais was a kid at heart. He was interested in death and guns, but was afraid to kill if he didn't have to. If I hadn't put two and two together, I would have thought he was the psycho.