Chapter 21

Ren

I turned my head and looked at the car coming down the street. It couldn't be that good looking to draw so much attention. My neighbors were out on their porch, pointing at the car as it stopped in front of my house. I stood there gaping, wondering if it was for me. I didn't buy a car. Neither did Ryder. He was still too broke to even buy his own car. I knew mom had given it to him, I just couldn't remember why. Hopefully it wasn't for a stupid reason.

The driver got out of the car and looked straight at me. I looked back at Ryder and motioned to the mysterious man. He shrugged and waved the guy over. He closed the door to the car and walked over to us. The sun glinted off his sunglasses. Once he was in range, I rolled my eyes and grinned at him. What the heck was he doing here?

"I present to you, my lovely, a brand new car. A Lamborghini to be exact," he said and gestured to the silver car. I gasped and ran to meet him. He picked me up and spun me in a circle. All my neighbors gasped and I noticed that some of them looked quite disappointed. Apparently they all had been rooting for me and Ryder to date. Well, that's just too darn bad.

I pushed out of his hold and ran to the car. I couldn't look at it directly due to the sun's position. It was...beautiful. Was I dreaming? I pinched myself and knew it was real. I could not believe that I had really gotten a Lambo. Talk about expensive. I would probably be working day and night trying to pay him back.

"It was supposed to be black," I muttered. "A black Lamborghini with 759 horsepower from a mid-mounted 6.5-litre V12 engine..."

"What difference does it make that it's silver?" Zach asked.

"...I just don't really like loud colors. Silver won't help me rob a bank."

"Hey, at least the windows are tinted."

I nodded and smiled. I can't believe Zach actually bought me a car. This was like a dream come true. I guess Appa was too slow. There was no way I would leave Zach. I owe him my life now.

"How?" I gasped. "Why would you buy something like that for me?"

"I didn't," he said.

"You didn't?"

"No. Your father asked me to take it to you. He came by the house, surprisingly, and he asked if I could deliver it to you personally."

"Oh, Lord. You make it sound so bad."

He chuckled and we began walking away from the car. That's when he noticed everyone staring at us. I really hoped he wouldn't ask me why. I didn't know why. I was just as confused as he was.

"...Why are they staring?" Zach asked and pulled off his leather jacket.

"It may have to deal with you being my boyfriend and Ryder isn't," I muttered. "Don't get me wrong. I don't even care what they think."

"Ahh, I thought they were racist. They must think you have low standards like your mother?"

"Apparently..."

He pulled me in for a kiss and I swore I heard someone gasp. That did it. I laughed and Zach pulled back with a playful glare. What the heck was I thinking? I mean, it was funny. Hasn't anyone in my neighborhood seen Zach before? I've had him over to our house for the longest times and they're surprised I kissed someone who wasn't Ryder.

"Ryder!" Zach called out. "Come see my girl's car."

Ryder looked up from his phone. "Why? I can see it perfectly fine from where I'm sitting."

"Wha--He doesn't like that, does he?"

"Haha. Nope." I took his jacket and led him inside the house. The cool air greeted us and I was thankful for it. It was hotter than Hell outside. I led him to the living room and he sat on the couch like he owned the place. I guess he sort of did. He did spend more of his time here than he did at his own house. I wonder why.