Chapter Seventeen

Sunako woke up to yet another normal school day. But this time, she had gotten full eight hours of sleep. Drinking warm tea certainly did help her. It also eased the random headaches that she would get throughout the day caused by lack of sleep. The hectic week of the final exams were over, but there was only one remaining for it to be fully done. And like her classmates, the practical exams were the one they were anticipating the most.

Her breakfast with the other children went by in her head. She was in the zone of worrying about the exam again. Since she didn't stay up late last night to worry about it, she let her thoughts wander when she woke up.

What Shouto said to her a few days ago did ease her worries regarding her quirk, but it still lingered in the furthest corner of her mind. She knew that she should be thinking about the near death experience she had fighting the Nomu instead of the abilities of her quirk. But it somehow horrified her in some way.

The school was buzzing with students chattering about varieties of topics. Mostly the events that occurred in their daily life, but she drowned them out. She just kept walking towards their classroom. When she arrived, she saw some of her classmates talking with each other.

Midoriya, Iida and Todoroki were huddled together, quietly talking amongst themselves. In contrast to the three was Kirishima and Sero chatting loudly near Bakugou, whom looked like he was seconds away from causing an explosion.

She sat down and settled in her seat, she sighed in content with no one bothering her. She allowed herself to be friendly at times, but she didn't have the energy to chat around. For someone who claims that they can handle themselves mentally, Sunako just seems to be in a disarray these days.

Attending a prestigious highschool does that to you, I guess. It cannot be helped.

Just as Sunako was about to slip further into her thoughts, Iida bursted through the doors rather abruptly, he caught the attention of many as he stood in the front of the class.

"Aizawa-sensei instructed us to change into our hero costumes at once! We will gather at the Center Plaza, do so with haste!" Iida announced while doing his signature chopping motions with his arm.

Sunako got up wordlessly and walked with the girls unnoticed to the changing rooms.

❦︎

"Now we will begin the practical exam. Of course, it is possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes. I expect that you all have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you will be doing." Aizawa-sensei told his class.

Sunako stood with her classmates at the Center Plaza. They were dressed in their hero costumes. Aizawa-sensei wasn't the only teacher with them, in fact, a handful of teachers stood beside him.

"We're fighting some robots like the entrance exam, right?" Kaminari suddenly said from his place among the crowd.

"Fireworks, Curry, test of courage, right?" Ashido joined him.

Suddenly, Aizawa-sensei's white scarf wiggled, and a medium sized, white mouse emerged.

"For various reasons, the exam will be different this time! From now on, we'll be focusing on person-to-person combat, hero work and stress teaching that is closer to actual fighting. So...we'll have you form teams of two to fight against one teacher!" Principal Nezu said, hanging from Aizawa-sensei's scarf.

"Against the teachers?"

Sunako tensed up, eyes going wide with mixed confusion and a mild tint of fear.