Chapter Three

The crowd's loud, cheering noises were deafening to Sunako. Her nerves were shot, fingertips cold, breathing uneven. She's as nervous as the others that would also fight in the last course, her last interaction with a certain boy did nothing to calm her nerves. But atleast, it added more fire in her will. She desperately wanted to drown out the event, but she'll die of anxiety if she dare not to watch and observe the fight.

"Audience! The finals that you've all been waiting for is finally starting! Match one, we have two talented individuals, Izuku Midoriya versus Shinsou Hitoshi!"

The crowd cheered louder in excitement and anticipation. Sunako's fellow classmate, Midoriya stood at the platform, facing a purple haired boy on the other side.

"The rules are simple! Force your opponent out of bounds or immobilize them! You can also win by making your opponent say, 'I give up!'."

"Ready?.. Start!"

Midoriya moved forward, then suddenly stopped in his tracks. He has a blank look on his face, as if he's in a trance.

"He's not moving?"

"Midoriya! The match just started and he's completely frozen!"

Midoriya turned and began to walk towards the exit, out of bounds. His classmates gasped and shouted exclaims of disbelief.

"I warned him about that guy!" Ojiro said, clearly shocked and nervous.

"Huh? What? Midoriya's being so obedient!"

"If you go out of bounds you'll lose the match!" Iida was now standing up, leaning over the railing.

Sunako leaned forward in her seat to get a better look, Midoriya was walking in a slow pace, one might say that he's sleep walking. Then, as Midoriya's foot was about to go out of bounds, he stopped his movements. A large gust of wind emitted from Midoriya, reaching the whole platform and the lower bleachers.

"This—this is...Midoriya stopped!"

Cheers erupted once more from the audience and from his classmates after a long minute of held silence. Midoriya advanced on Shinsou, who looked bewildered and shocked. Midoriya grabbed a hold of his opponent, then he started pushing him away. Shinsou fought back, delivering a series of punches.

They rumbled for a bit, until they stood wrangling each other on the very edge of the platform. Midoriya delivered the winning blow, he flipped Shinsou in the air then landed him on the ground, on his back. Shinsou laid, half of his body out of bounds. Cheers and shouts of praise came from the crowd.

"He did it!"

"Shinsou's out of bounds! Midoriya advances to the second round!"

His classmates were surely proud of his win, well maybe except for a few others, a certain blond per se. Sunako had gone quiet, her nose's bleeding had gone worse. And her mind had started to spin a bit. She was confused, she didn't exhaust herself earlier in the field, in fact she had done more in the past and her nose never bled. The mild headache that she's currently having right now wasn't actually bothersome and painful. It was... just there.

"Sunako! Your nose is still bleeding! Are you sure you're okay?" Uraraka asked, concern evident in her voice. She had given Sunako a hand towel earlier before they settled down in the bleachers. Bless her kind soul.

Sunako held the towel in her nose, the bleeding had continuously leaked out, blood started to get evident in the towel that she used to try and conceal her situation.

"You look like shit." Bakugou, who sat a few seats away said to her. Eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed.

"You're literally way over there, can you not?" Sunako said in reply, her voice muffled a bit from the liquid in her nose and the towel partly covering her lower face.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें