Chapter Four

I walked along the long hallways of UA Academy. I was trying to find my classroom, it said in the letter that I was placed in Class 1-A. My mind was cautious and a tad bit paranoid. I did not know anybody from this school, I don't even see a single person that I might recognize from the entrance exam. Sighing, I fastened my pace, hoping to make it early to class. I arrived a bit early than the designated time, just to ease my nerves. I came across a very intimidating door, on the door was painted "1-A". This must be it, I thought. Without further ado, I opened the door calmly, my expression is blank, trying not to show my nerves. Almost all students were already here, only four seats were blank. The third was meant for me, I guess.

Without making any eye contact, I made my way towards the back, where a blank seat behind a boy with red colored hair was sitting. I sat down quietly, releasing the breath that I did not know that I was holding. Beside my right, was a blank seat, I looked around the room, scanning the people around me. They sure does have their own unique appearances, was my impression. Especially the person beside my left, he has a bird head? It's amazing how quirks can manipulate an individual's appearance. There was a shouting that broke me from my thoughts, it was happening on the far frontal left of the room. It was the guy from the entrance exam, the one with the glasses who has an engine like on his legs. He was yelling at a blond guy, who has his feet perched up his desk, it was such a lousy posture to have, I thought, the children from the orphanage was much more disciplined. But I decided that it did not matter, these people have different lives than I do. Regardless, it made me more certain and hesitant to attempt to make friends. They are both a competition and a companion, at least for me.

Snapping out of my thoughts, the tall guy was now talking with someone by the door. Was it that kid who saved us from the collosal robot? He is, and here he is, at the same class as I am. We both most likely got in because of rescue points.

"Hey there! I'm Kirishima, and we're seatmates!" The guy in front of me said loudly, once again breaking me out of my thoughts. He turned in his seat, facing me now, I decided that it would be rude to simply acknowledge his introduction. "Oh, well my name is Sunako Hamada, you could just call me however you want." I replied, less enthusiastic than his tone.

"You're kinda familiar, you know" He said, pausing for few seconds as if he was thinking hard.

"Oh, I remember! You're the girl who saved us from the debris! Yeah,  I remember you. I was prepared to take some hit you know, then suddenly the debris heading my way stopped mid air! Totally awesome!" He exclaimed, by now he gained some attention.

The guy next to me turned his gaze towards us, even the girl next to him did. I tensed, "Yes, I am." My reply was short, as I had no more words to say.

"That was very manly of you, really!" He said once more. Then our short conversation was cut short when a person in the front started speaking. He was in a yellow sleeping bag of sorts, how peculiar. Was he our teacher?

The three students, with the additional of a girl with a short hair, sat down in their seat. Two of whom were near me, in fact the guy with the glasses is seated next to me, then the girl is behind him.

"All of you change into your gym uniform, then gather to the P.E. grounds. We have an activity, don't take too long." He announced, then dropped to the floor with a thud, then rolled out the door. It was a very strange start to say the least. Not one that you would expect. Nevertheless, we piled out the door to change into our clothes, the whole process was in silence, no one was talking with each other, save for a few girls muttering to themselves.

❦︎

The P.E. grounds was massive. It stretched far, including buildings and such. We were gathered in front of our teacher, whose name turned out to be Mr. Aizawa. He had left his sleeping bag, now a white scarf engulfed his neck, reaching up to his chin. He's holding a device in his hand. "This is going to be a Quirk Assessment Test." He drawled out, almost as if he's tired.