Chapter Nine

"Back at the sports festival I noticed you depend alot on your quirk. That's not exactly a bad thing but on your last match with Shouto he was able to easily take you down in combat. Your quirk is versatile but its main ability is still a wonder to me. Care to elaborate on it?" Endeavor told the young girl. They were back at the office's training room. It was nearing the late afternoon, hours after their first meeting. The patrol earlier ended  quickly and over with.

Sunako hesitated to fully answer with the truth. She didn't want to seem silly when she tells the hero about the whole 'mutation' thing. It was rare itself and some weren't even aware of it. And she didn't know if she could even prove it to him. But she realized that anything could be possible in this kind of world they live in. Surely Endeavor would try to understand.

She sighed and looked away from him. "It's technically telekinesis, I can move and manipulate visible and tangible things with my mind." She said.

"That's all? Anything else?" It was as if Endeavor knew about her situation. His intense gaze did nothing but make her nervous.

"Well...I don't know about this one, I only find out about it days ago." Sunako returned her gaze to the man, seeing him only lift his eyebrow in question.

Shouto sensed the girl getting slowly nervous and uncomfortable. He knew how intense and harsh his father could be, "She already told you, old man." He said icily.

"No...it's fine. Well, okay how the hell am I going to explain this." Sunako muttered to herself, rubbing her temple with her index finger.

"Okay, so basically my mother had something with her blood that allows her quirk to mutate into different abilities. And it was passed on to me. So for example, I have telekinesis, right? Well when I was five and ten I went through a mutation process that allowed me to conjure force fields and blast energized hexes. And now I'm fifteen I went through a mutation process again in the sports festival that now allows me to manipulate molecular particles." Sunako explained carefully.

"I tried it out with Todoroki's fire then earlier with the dust. I don't particularly know how to use it yet." Sunako ended her statement with a shrug.

She looked back at Endeavor and saw him put his hand on his chin in thought, he turned away from the two and crossed his arms.

"So you're saying that every five years  your quirk would mutate?" He said, turning back again to look at her.

"Yeah, I guess that's how it is. We don't really have enough information about it." She replied.

Shouto listened to her explanation  the whole time and tried to process it. He finally understood the event that took place with her back at their match. He looked back again at Endeavor's face and tried to read his thoughts. He knows that the bastard would only pay attention to people that he finds talented and worth his time. He didn't doubt Sunako being able to catch his father's attention, but this whole situation felt strange and sketchy. He could only hope that his assumptions are wrong.

"We'll train your combat skills and come back to patrolling, I want to see you atleast take down Shouto. Start now." Endeavor broke the silence and stood back into the room's wall.

Sunako faced Shouto and readied her fighting stance. Or atleast, the stance that she taught herself. Shouto got ready too and raised his fists. Both waited for a moment, waiting for whoever will initiate the first move. Sunako lunged forward and swung her right fist at him, but Shouto anticipated her move and wrapped his right hand on her fist, seizing its movements. Sunako tried to punch his torso with her free left hand, but Shouto twisted his body and swiped his leg under her, causing her to lose balance and fall into her back.