Chapter Seven

The sky was grey and the air was wet. Cold winds grazed the people walking outside. Some were hurrying to get to work, go to school or run errands. Puddles of rain littered the pavements, making the street slippery.

Sunako Hamada stood underneath a bus stop. She was not waiting for the bus, no, she was stupid enough to leave her umbrella at home to save space for her books. Sunako was waiting for the rain to slow, so she could run like hell to school. But, the rain showed no signs of ceasing it's endless shower. Sunako just happened to get off the train and walk a few meters when the rain started to pour. UA was only a couple of blocks away enough for a walking distance but the rain was too heavy. She could use her quirk to cover herself from the rain with a force field but usage of quirks weren't allowed outside of school grounds.

Sunako looked down at her phone and contemplated on contacting one of her few friends, she hesitated messaging Kirishima or even Kaminari as she didn't want to risk bothering them. 'They're probably already at school.' Sunako thought.

"Hamada." A voice startled her from her right. Sunako looked up to see who the person is and saw her classmate Todoroki. She didn't really have a close friendship or even close interactions with him, so she was hesitant around him.

"Todoroki, hi, on your way to school?" Sunako asked, then cleared her throat as she realized how stupid her question was. 'Of course he is, where else would he go?' Sunako internally cursed at herself.

"Yes, I am." Todoroki replied, silence followed them for a few seconds.

"Aren't you supposed to be on your way to school too? Or are you waiting for somebody?" Todoroki broke the silence. Shouto was walking down the sidewalk when he saw Sunako at the bus stop, looking down at her phone. He also noticed the lack of umbrella with her as the rain continues to pour.

"Oh...I was um..." Sunako stuttered for a moment, then sighed. "I actually forgot to bring an umbrella and now I'm stuck here."

Todoroki stood there for a moment in silence. "Well we wouldn't want to be late to school. Let's go." He said monotonously.

"Oh, um okay." Sunako was now embarrassed and shy. She walked beside Todoroki underneath his umbrella with him. She was grateful for him saving her from the harsh rain.

Neither of the teens said a word as they walked in a normal pace. Sunako kept her distance from the boy beside her as she probably guessed he wanted personal space. Everyone does.

Shouto noticed the girl beside him positioned at the very edge of his umbrella. Some raindrops managed to pour on her shoulder and dampen her uniform. He unconsciously moved closer to her to give her more coverage.

"Todoroki, thank you for um...saving me from the rain. I would've ran and get wet so...thank you." Sunako broke the silence. She decided that it was too awkward as they were walking and tried to come up with words.

"Let's not make it a habit." Todoroki said in his signature monotonous tone.

Sunako only nodded as she didn't know what to reply to his sentence. Out of all the classmates that she managed to interact with, Todoroki was the only guy she felt hesitant with. She thought that it's probably the cold personality that he puts up or the sheer power that he showed back then.

"Yeah, sure. I mean I was about to message Kirishima or maybe even Kaminari but I thought that they're probably at school already." Sunako said in almost a whisper.

Shouto didn't say anything and the two continued to walk. UA came into view, they stil have seven minutes left until the bell rings.

"You're close with him." Shouto cut through the silence.