Chapter Two

In.

Out.

In.

Then out.

Sunako tried her best to maintain a steady breath in order help calm her nerves. It's the day of the UA Sports Festival and even as much as ready Sunako is, she can't help but feel nervous. This is the biggest step yet onwards her future and she knows that she has to push to the top no matter what. She sat in a chair in a little distance from the others, her eyes are closed in concentration. The others were silent too, prepping themselves up before the main event occurs.

"Midoriya." Todoroki approached the boy out of nowhere.

"What is it, Todoroki-kun?" Midoriya nervously asked. It was clear that he wasn't expecting the boy to approach him so suddenly.

"Deliberately speaking, I think I'm stronger than you." The whole room stilled at what Todoroki told him. His tone was cold and chilling. Sunako opened her eyes at this, his statement probably added further to Midoriya's anxiety.

"But All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" He continued.

Midoriya tensed up at that, his eyes grew wider and he seemed to choke on his own saliva.

"I'm not going to pry, but I will beat you." Todoroki turned his back on the boy after he finished his statements.

How intense. Sunako cannot help but think, she laid her head on the table to drown out everything once again. Her nerves will not do anything but slow her down today, and she plan not to.

❦︎

"The UA Sports Festival! The huge battle where the fledging heroes sharpen their skills once again! Anyway, I present you, the stars who overcame the enemy attacks with their hearts of steel, Class 1-A!" Present Mic's voice boomed throughout the arena.

We walked out of the tunnel together, blinded by the lights. The crowd's deafening cheers multiplied the students' anxiety. Sunako couldn't believe her eyes, thousands of heroes and audiences were going to watch them today, she sighed and averted her eyes from the large crowd.

"They haven't been getting any show lately, but this class is made of talents, Class 1-B!"

A band of students from yesterday walked out from one of the tunnels, one by one different classes walked out and gathered in front of the podium where Ms. Midnight stood.

"Time for the player pledge, representing the students, Katsuki Bakugou from Class 1-A!" Ms. Midnight announced.

"Why him?" Sunako asked Kirishima from beside me.

"Well he did finish first in the exam." He replied.

"In the hero course." A girl snapped rudely from the other class.

"I don't remember talking to you." Sunako snapped in return, she didn't mean to, but her nerves were getting to her. Kirishima watched the small exchange in bewilderment, he knew that Sunako is capable of sass because he witnessed some whenever Bakugou is with them, but he's shocked when Sunako snapped at a stranger, not that he thinks that it's bad but it was kind of amusing.

"I pledge.. " Bakugou started, "That I'll be number one."

Groans and whispers resonated from the others. "I knew he would do that." Came from his other classmates, knowing the blond's attitude.