Chapter Ten

The sound of Sunako's alarm roused her from her slumber. She stretched her limbs and cracked her joints. Her body was still sore from the training it endured yesterday, but overall, Sunako felt recharged and ready for the day. She reached over the nightstand and took her phone, silencing the alarm and checking the time. '6:00 am' it read. That was enough time to get ready.

Sunako stood up and walked to the bathroom while rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes. She glanced at herself in the mirror and checked her appearance. Her red hair was loose from its usual intricate braid and was knotted all over. She took care of her hair first and brushed her teeth. Getting in the shower felt like Sunako was dumped with a cold bucket of water. Her senses awakened and her muscles relaxed. And most of all, her thoughts started to register. Memories of yesterday's events came back to her, it wasn't at all unpleasant.  But the memory of last night's dinner with a certain boy caused her to flush. 

Sunako shook her head and finished her shower. She got dressed in a white lined track pants and a simple shirt and started to work on her braids. Her hands were shaking a bit and her fingers were cold. She didn't know why but suspected it to be nerves for the day. A soft knock on her hotel door caught her attention, putting down her hair brush and walking over to it.

When she opened the door, she was greeted with the sight of Shouto, whom was standing by the door with his hands in his pockets. Sunako froze and took out the clips that was holding her fringe. She cleared her throat and straightened up.

"To—uh Shouto, what is it?" Sunako stumbled over her words, remembering that he allowed her to call him by his first name just last night.

"The old man had an emergency meeting. He said we'd start at nine instead." Shouto said monotonously.

"Oh, alright then.." Sunako trailed off, however, Shouto remained in his spot just casually still gazing at her.

"Breakfast sounds nice, do you wanna tag along again?" Sunako got the courage to ask, leaning on the door.

"Sure, I'll go." Shouto said, his eyes seemed a lot brighter.

"Great, I'll uh..just go get my things." Why the hell was Sunako stumbling over her words around him? She didn't know. She quickly closed the door and grabbed her things, pocketing her phone and grabbing her wallet. She opened the door and closed it behind her. Her and Shouto began to walk side by side again.

The sun outside was nicely warm. Not too harsh and not too dim. It was early in the morning and the restaurants were still getting settled, meaning that they had to wait for them to open.

"So, what do you have in mind?" Shouto spoke up, turning his gaze on her.

"Hm, since the restaurants are still opening, I know this food market that opens super early. They have really good stuff there. Is that alright with you?" Sunako said, grinning at the thought of freshly prepared bentos.

"I haven't really been to food markets before. But I guess it won't be bad to try." Shouto said.

"You haven't? I bet you'll like it there! They probably have this really fresh sashimi that's been prepared by fine cooks. Oh and once I had this dango with red bean paste, it has to come with a green tea and it's really good. Though I still prefer to drink ram—oh sorry now I'm just rambling." Sunako started to ramble about the food markets when she realized that she's probably being annoying.

Shouto felt light when he saw Sunako's new side. That is when she started to talk about the food market. He sensed that she probably loves it there, as her grin looks like it has experienced paradise.