the real killah kuwonu

1 week later.
Paris POV

Today is Zions trial, I got the Caleb ready along with myself. Lately the circle has been really quiet and tense, we all know Zion killed him. But he hasn't got caught this whole time, why now?

I still don't know why he went to jail before.

We go to the courthouse and I take Caleb out.

Rob exits the car the same time as me.

"Hey." He smiles, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Hey." I take Caleb out his car seat.

"How you been holding up?" He asks.

"Fine." I say.

The rest of the guys come to us.

We kinda just stand there awkwardly.

"Ima go in." I tell them walking away.

I go in the court room and take a seat in the front, soon enough the jury starts piling in.

The judge bangs his gavel.

"Let's begin." He says.

That's not even the statement.

I shake my head.

The doors open and Zion walks in handcuffed, he's seated in front of me. He turns and looks at me with the saddest eyes I had ever seen.

"I love you." He mouths.

"I love you too." I assure him.

"Caleb. You were arrested for the murder of The Porter family, including the wife and husband correct?" The judge asks.

He nods.

"Where were you on this day?" He asks.

"Me and my fiancé had taken a trip to Canada, but we got into a fight. So I flew back to LA to make things right." He says which is technically truthful.

"Is she here today?" He asks.

"Behind me." He says.

The judge looks at me then Caleb jr.

"That's your son?" He asks.

"Yes. She's pregnant again." He says.

The judge just nods.

The court continues and evidence was shown by the The Porters lawyer.

"The Porters were sex trafficers, they adopted kids, raised them and sold them." Zions lawyer stands.

"Is there proof?" He asks.

"We have 2 of there victims in the courtroom today." He says.

I look at Zamora with wide eyes.

"Who?" The judge asks.

"Zamora West and Paris Arreaga." He says.

Fuck.

Zion gives him a cold look, like this wasn't apart of the plan.

"Care to share a statement you two?" He asks.

I get up hesitantly and so does Zamora, I give Caleb to Rob and go past the gate.

They made us pledge over the bible.

"Paris Arreaga, you may begin." The judge says.

"I was never actually sold into the bid, I was still underage at the time. But at the age of 14 they let me be raped by his brother, to test me. I got pregnant and was thrown down a flight of stairs to make me miscarry." I find the courage to say.

The whole jury grasps.

Zion and the whole gang look at me, I never told anyone this.

"I'm Zamora West, I was sold into sex trafficking at the age of 18. I was raped and beaten multiple times, I was forced to miscarry making me lose anywhere between 15-20 children. I have my tubes tied without my permission and I'm no longer able to have biological children." She says.

I give her a side hug and we sit down.

The judge bangs his gavel again.

He looks down at his paper.

"Caleb Kuwonu, they weren't good people. The authority should've been called, but you saved a young girl from a horrible life ahead of herself." The judge starts.

I could've even look up, my head hung low afraid for his next words.

"I must punish you though, I sentence you to murder in the 2nd degree. 20 years in prison, no bail." He finishes by banging his gavel with me last time.

Killah POV

"Your honour." I stand.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Can I just have 5 minutes with my wife and kids?" I ask.

"I'll allow it." He says.

The officer takes off the cuffs and I go to Paris, she sat in the same position. Head down, crying.

"Babygirl?" I knew in front of her.

"20 years." She says.

"I know, I know. But you finna be straight okay? I need you to hold down the club for me, sing Paris Kehlani Kuwonu, sing your heart out for me. Make me proud, take care of our children." I pull her in my arms.

I kiss Caleb.

"I'm sorry I failed you little man, just don't live the life I did." I speak to him even though he doesn't understand.

"I love you Paris, remember it's always gonna be us." I tell her.

"That's time." The officer says.

Paris POV

"The safe code is 1120." He whispers before kissing me one last time and being taken away.

1/1/20, the day me and Zion had sex for the first time.

I watch as he gets taken and Caleb starts bawling his eyes out.

I talk to everyone before going home, mentally drained.

I put Caleb to sleep and just stare at the safe in me and Zions room, wondering what was in it.

I type in the code and money falls out and a letter.

Dear Paris,
If you're reading this I'm dead or in jail, one of the two. This safe holds $2600 cash, the bet money. Ace gave this to me, but I never wanted it. I took it for you, I want you to do amazing things with this cash. Don't waste it, save it on something important to you. This money could've ended us, but it didn't. We have a special kind of love. $100 for guessing you age right, $2500 for having sex with you. I want you to make me proud with this, you've already made me so proud, you have the voice of an angel. You're going many places, just don't forget you me. Visit me. When our son grows older tell him about me, not Zion. Killah. 6•4•2020.
Love Yours Only, Killah Kuwonu. 💙