Unexpected Emotion

A/N: I hope you all enjoy it!

Bella's Pov:

I ran right into the woods behind the house, desperate and searching. The air turned to wind hitting my skin. Whipping my hair as I ran at my natural speed. A part of me knew that Sasha can't be here. Not unless she came to visit me. I can't let Sasha get hurt because of me. I won't let it happen.

Just the thought of her laying somewhere, hurt because of me, makes me feel ill. I stopped near a tree, looking around for some kind of sign of her. My body felt jittery with nerves.

I took a calming breath. I closed my eyes to focus on my hearing. All I could hear was the animals in the forest and my loud thumping, heartbeat.

The hole in my chest wailed out her name and I wailed with it, "Sasha!"

"Bella, are you alright?", It wasn't the voice that I wanted to hear.

It came from the phone in my hand, Edward's voice. I licked my lips as I wondered if it would be rude to just hang up on him. It would be safer that way. Edward doesn't need to know about this.

It could be dangerous. And yet a part of me knew that he could help me find her. He would also ask questions, I'm not ready to answer. I bit my lower lip as I lifted my phone up to my ear. Sasha's life is worth more than keeping my secrets.

"No", I answered him as I lifted a hand running it through my hair, "I need your help I'm in the woods near my house. I'm trying to find."

Rustling behind me to my left made me stop mid-sentence. Her voice again, closer than before yet still too far away. Full of panic she called my name, "Isabella"

I turned around and ran towards the sound as I called out loudly, "Sasha!"

In my haste, I tripped over a tree root, stumbling forward and nearly smashing my face on a tree. I braced my impact on the tree with my hands. A few feet in front of me grew a few bushes, where the rustling came from. I pushed off the tree and took a step towards the bushes. Then the bushes parted and a deer came out the other side.

It stared at me with its black eyes and I felt a sudden rage fill me. Why isn't this deer, Sasha? Doesn't it know I have more important things to do than stare at it? I curled my lip back, showing my teeth in a threatening way. The deer lifted his snout sniffing the air. They stumbled back and ran back through the bushes having sensed the danger that radiates off me.

I looked down at my hands and found that the screen to my phone is broken. I let out an animalistic growl of annoyance, stuffing my phone in my pocket. I turned around, focusing on my hearing again.

Hoping to hear her voice again, even in this situation it felt good to hear her voice say my name. I heard the sound of a loud snap then, tearing. Some animal filling its belly with another animal.

"Isabella!", I heard her voice again, coming from behind the bushes.

I rushed through the bushes only to stop in my tracks at the sight in front of me. A creature with chalk-white skin, covered in dark purple markings that I didn't recognize. The creature is unsettlingly skinny with equally unsettlingly long legs. The creature has six arms coming out of its torso, no eyes and large blood-covered mouth. It was eating the doe as if it were starving.

It lifted its head, and Sasha's voice came out of this creature, "Isabella!"

The rage I felt before came back tenfold. How did this creature have my Sasha's voice? How dare they use my Sasha's voice? Did the Volturi do this somehow? Did they find out about me, my connection to Sasha? Are they using this creature to lure me out and kill me? Did they already kill Sasha?