I won't say it!

A/N: I hope you all enjoy!

Edward's Pov:

"Happy birthday, Bella. I apologize for not saying that sooner", I spoke up feeling my cheeks flush a bit with the blood of my last hunt.

She made a noise that sounded like a closed mouth scoff as she lightly shook her head.

She bit the right side of her bottom lip before she responded to me, "It's cool. Thanks and thanks again for stopping the van."

I gave her a small smile as I held open the door for her to exit the academic building.

I followed after her as I spoke again, "Are you excited for your party?"

Her nose wrinkled in the most adorable way, it matched the way her eyebrows pulled together and her lips to raise a bit.

She exhales through her nose in a huff like fashion before she answered my question, "I don't like being the center of attention, ever"

I gave her a light chuckle before I spoke, I lifted a hand up to run my fingers through my hair, "Isn't that what everyone wants in this generation of children?"

She stuck her chin out in defiance as she stated firmly, "I'm an old soul thank you very much, Pretty boy. Or should I start calling you Old man now?"

I gave a visible shiver of disgust at the idea of her contently referring to me as old man.

I raised my hands in surrender as we continued to walk towards the parking lot. I spoke dramatically, "Oh please don't. I'll do anything."

She pointed a finger at me with a smile on her face that I haven’t seen yet.

It showed fondness, maybe even love, her voice held the same emotions, “You’re lucky, Silk doesn’t hear that offering. She’d take you up on it so fast.”

I narrowed my eyes at her finger, so that I didn’t have to focus on whatever emotion decided to blossom in my chest.

I arched an eyebrow before I asked, “Whose Slik?”

The brightness in her brown eyes dimmed a fraction, she lifted a hand, rubbing her chest in a slow circle.

Her voice came out quieter and tinged with a sadness that hurt me to hear, “She’s a friend I left behind.”

“You miss her a lot”, I stated the obvious that’s written on her face like an open book with large bold letters before I continued to speak with an offer to remedy the situation, “I could pay for you to go see her this weekend, you know as a birthday present.”

She was quiet as we walked the last few steps to her car. She leaned against the bed of the truck and looked at me with conflicted brown eyes. She bit her lower lip and ran a hand through her chestnut locks.

She blew out a breath before she finally spoke, “You’re sweet, Pretty boy. I just don’t think now is the best time for that.”

“Why?”, I asked with a light tilt of my head, I wanted to know more about Bella and the reasons behind every action.

She gave me a small smile before she answered me, “You haven’t been upgraded to the best friend packet, so that question is not going to get an answer.”