Banter or Flirting?

A/N: I hope you enjoy!

Edward's Pov:

Esme and I were halfway through frosting the cake when Rose came home with a smile on her face. She was replaying her memory of giving Bella her birthday gift. Rose rang the doorbell at the Swan residence, she waited half a minute, carrying her gift and her toolbox. When there was no answer, she walked around the house and threw pebbles at Bella's window. She listened to the sound of Bella moving in her room. The window opened with a creek sound that made them both cringe. Bella poked her head out of the window staring down at Rose with an awed expression.

 Her lips parted and closed a few times before she spoke, "A goddess is throwing rocks at my window. Am I being blessed or cursed? Either way, I feel honored and will take whatever you give with unbridled glee."

Rose rolled her eyes before she spoke, "Just come down and bring your car keys, peasant."

Rose walked over to her truck, leaning against the bed of the truck as she waited. She didn't wait long. Bella came barreling down the steps way too fast and nearly fell, if it wasn't for the railing. Bella ran her fingers through her hair as she made her way to Rose, her other hand held the keys to her truck. Rose stared at the door until Bella opened it for her. Bella offered her hand out to help Rose into the cab, Rose simply gave Bella her toolbox to hold. Rose climbed into the cab, placing the new radio on the seat before her.

"You really didn't have to get me anything", Bella said as she leaned into the cab of her own truck, she shifted her hold on the toolbox for a moment, lifting her now empty hand to rub her eyes. She placed her hands back to the toolbox once the task was done.

"Are you questioning the actions of a goddess?", Rose asked her with a perfectly arched eyebrow as she opened the toolbox and took out a tool. She turned back to her task of taking out the old radio, she spoke again, "It's the least I can do, you make Alice happy. Plus she might burn my car if I didn't get you a gift."

"You could've just gotten me a keychain or something and called it a day", She said with a slight blush on her face she spoke again in a quieter tone, "Sorry about earlier, I just woke up and I had less of a filter."

"I don't half-ass things, Swan. And I'm a mechanic. It just made sense", Rose said as she took out the old radio and started to put in the new one.

"So am I allowed to call you if I get a break down on the side of the road?', Bella asked as Rose could feel her eyes on her every moment.

"You could call, doesn't mean I'll come. It's not like you have my number anyway", Rose spoke in a cold, uncaring tone as she kept working.

"Is that reverse phycology I hear? Are you trying to get me to drop my filter, Hale?", Bella asked as she handed Rose the tool she pointed at inside the open toolbox.

"Well since I finally have you engaging in a conversation, instead of you staring at me like a gasping fish. Maybe I want you filterless", Rose spoke in that cold teasing tone that took a while to identify for anyone just meeting her.

"Are you flirt...Don't you have a boyfriend?", Bella asked with wide eyes and rosy red cheeks that made venom coat my teeth, I swallowed wondering how a memory someone else has can have such an effect on me.

"You started it, Swan", Rose pointed out as she looked away from Bella and finished installing the radio, She got out of the cab with the grace of a model, "I do have a boyfriend, Emmett McCarthy. He's a sweet goofball and excited to actually have a conversation with you at the party later."

"I wasn't trying to flirt with you like I said my filter was just gone", Bella hid her face with her hair as she offered Rose her toolbox.

"You're cute Swan. I'll see you at the party", Rose said as she took her toolbox and headed for her car.