An Painfully Amazing Memory

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I hope you all enjoy it! 

Bella's Pov:

"Morning Bells", My father said as he offered me a bowl of insta banana flavored oatmeal.

"Morning Dad", I smiled as I took the bowl from him. I sat at the small table in the kitchen, as I said, "Thanks."

"How'd you sleep?", He asked as he sat across from me. He started to eat from his own bowl of blood red tinted oatmeal, as he waited for an answer.

I already had a spoon full of oatmeal in my mouth when he asked the question. I quickly swallowed it, lifting my hand to cover my mouth as I answered him, "Ok, no different than usual."

He gave me a scoff before he ate another spoonful. I ate more as I waited for him to explain himself.

He pointed his now empty spoon in my direction, "You're sleeping better probably because of those friends I still haven't met."

I gave him a shrug as I swallowed another mouthful of oatmeal. I looked down at the bowl as I spoke again, "They aren't a danger to us and they don't know anything to be in danger themselves"

"I just want to know the people that is making my daughter, happy. Is that wrong?", He questioned me before he continued to eat his breakfast.

I finished the bowl quickly, and looked up at my Dad. I gave him a soft sad smile, "The last time I introduced you to my friends, we had to leave town a week later. Four years of friendship just severed. I didn't even have time to say goodbye. So, you see why I'm not jumping at the chance to introduce you to the friends I just made a month and a half ago."

I stood up with my bowl and spoon. I headed over to the sink and started to wash my dirty dishes. I tensed as I heard Dad turn to face me while in his chair.

"At least at this point, I could point out Sasha and Dove from a crowd. I don't know what your new friends even look like", He spoke in a matter of fact tone.

"Dad, please. You'll meet them, eventually. I have to get ready for class", I told him as I quickly left the kitchen and headed up to my room.

I went through my drawers to find something to wear for class. Today is Friday and I only have one class with Edward. The more time I spent with Edward the more things I learned that I really liked about him.

Things like his kindness, his love of music. The way that he gets a cute wrinkle between his eyebrows when he concentrates enough. The way I can talk to him for hours, banter with him. I like the way he never pushes too hard for answers that I'm not willing to give.

Being with Edward makes me feel happy in a way that I am greedy for. He makes the hole in my chest feel almost healed. I wondered how long would it be until I didn't feel the hole anymore. The hole seemed to whale in protest. I lifted my hand up, touching my chest, rubbing it in soothing circles.

The buzzing on my phone brought me out of my thoughts. I grabbed my phone and stared at the screen. It was a message from Edward.

It read- You can always say no. Also, class is cancelled today.

I raised an eyebrow as I wondered what he meant by the first half of his message. That is until I got another text from Alice.

It read- Sleepover my house. yes or yes?

I bit my lower lip as I thought about the last sleepover I attended. I introduced Sasha and Dove to my father. We left for Dove's house, for the sleepover. When we arrived Sasha stayed by the car while on the phone as Dove and I unloaded my bags. I remember that Sasha looked upset when she came into the house.