Whiplash

A/N: I hope you enjoy.

Bella's Pov:

Driving to school was far more exhilarating, than walking. Especially when you account for the fact that I couldn't use my unnatural speed in public. My red truck was loud and needed a fresh coat of paint, which I dealt with over the weekend, thanks to a few choice youtube videos showing me how to properly paint my car. I'd deal with the engine on another day. I had to fend off Dad every time he tried to help me, he gifted me the truck, the least I could do is make it look nice. I also used the time flipping back and forth on the manner of if I should really go along with the whole birthday party thing.

The end result was unsure and I only had until Wednesday, which is the day of my birth. I would only have one class with Edward, so I could use him as an excuse for why I won't be home on time, if I really was going. Then again of Dad wanted to meet Edward, it would ruin everything. He would freak about finding out that I was with a vampire and we'd have to move. Moving is the last thing I wanted to do, I am starting to like Forks and like my friends as well.

I groaned at myself as I thought about how I call Alice my friend, yet here I am thinking about denying her desire to throw a party for me. I guess it's because I only associate birthday parties with stress. I remember each one clearly, how Dad rushed around getting the cake and hiding the presents around the house for the game later.

I remember the way Mom would decorate living room, making sure nothing was out of place. Mom and Dad would always get stressed when the human guests were arrive from my class. Dad would insist this will be a good, normal thing for me, while Mom made sure that we were stocked on blood after making sure I knew what to do if I felt my control start to slip, in case anyone started bleeding.

Mom and Dad would keep an eye on everyone especially the children, since they tended to get hurt and bleed more frequently than adults. If anyone bled, the party would be over within seconds, at worse because Mom or Dad realized they couldn't control their thirst and attacked without thinking. Which thankfully hasn't happened yet.  At Best, because they came up with a fake reason everyone had to leave then we'd move town.

Yet even with all that stress seething under their skin, Mom and Dad had to keep up the with the adults and act like a normal human family. I didn't want to be a source of stress for my parents who weren't even together as a couple, so when I got old enough to speak and be listened to, I put a stop to the birthday parties.

I instead, offered the idea of spending a birthday with one parent each year. I knew that they only were civil to each other when it was close to my birthday and they needed to be together for me. I hated the thought of forcing people together so I was more than a little relieved when they agreed. After, of course, making sure it really was what I wanted.

Last year was my Mom's turn which she decided to split with Sasha and Dove. In the day, Mom and I hung out, yet that night, Mom demanded that Dad let me have a sleepover with Sasha and Dove. Dad agreed as long as it was at our house and it was the first and  best sleepover ever. Life changing would be a more appropriate word to describe that night.

I shook my head light as I parked my car in the campus student parking lot, in an attempt to not get sucked into that memory. Yet still, flashes of that night entered my mind. Moonlight, casting a new aura on the beauty of her achingly familiar face. She looked so relax and perfect. Her full lips parted slightly to allow her saliva to create a small pool on her pillow. It brought a smile to my face, thinking about it even now. I never saw her so relaxed before. My eyes went back to her lips as if drawn there like a paperclip to a powerful magnet. They looked more inviting than usual, and so soft, like silk.