Chapter 27: Modern Day Life Lesson Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

Although the race was renamed to three-legged skiing, it wasn't exactly skiing. The runners had long wood boards tied to their feet to resemble the skiing boards, while the one between them was shared, and the runners both held a stick to help them maintain balance and move forward, so basically, it was like skiing but not on a slope. "Ooooohhhhh looks like we're already having a fierce fight here!! Team Blue and Team Red ties in the first place now!! Closely followed by Team Yellow and White!! And there we go!!! The first runners reached the goal, and here comes the second pair!!" Kenshi shouted as more and more pairs of runners started to race each other.

Team Blue's lead was all thanks to Rem, who managed to start off at a high pace and maintain perfect cooperation with her partner, Kenichi. "That's amazing, Rem-san!! Didn't know you were this good at sports!!" Kenichi shouted as they untied their feet from the boards, and Rem giggled. "When it comes to sports, Rem can be slightly more confident than usual." She said, and Ram and Yui came up to them. "Nice race, Rem. You have succeeded in out-speeding Ram!" Ram said with Yui beside her, panting slightly. "Thank you, Nee-sama! Rem will continue to do her best in the following races! Rem won't go easy just because Nee-sama is among the competitors!!" Rem said, her eyes burning with the fire of determination. "Of course, Ram will also do her best to meet your spirit!!" Ram said. "What beautiful sisterly love we're witnessing now!!" Kenichi shouted in an emotional voice, while Yui sweatdropped.

"And that's the fourth pair now!! Will we see any changes in the ranking?? Oh seems like we will!! Look at Red Team's runners!! They're slowly catching up to the Blue Team, and yes!! Red Team has taken the lead now!! Who are they??" Kenta shouted as the ranking of the teams changed for the first time so far. Team Blue was always a little bit ahead of the rest of the teams, all thanks to Rem and Kenichi, but now, the Red Team runners took the first place. Aki and Haruka were speeding up as they ran, no, as Aki dragged Haruka forward. The two had such a large height difference that Haruka had to walk three steps to meet Aki's one step, so basically, the two formed a rather funny scene as they sped down the track. Nevertheless, Aki was just fast enough to grab that first place even when his left leg was tied to something that weighed around 45 kg.

"Whoever paired me up with this jackass, I'mma rip his ass off and hang it over my fireplace when I get to him!!" Haruka shouted furiously when they reached the goal. "Heh, looks like Beatrice-san found a companion." Mutsuki said with a smirk. She was also in Team Yellow and had overheard the conversation between Subaru and Beatrice earlier. The race continued, and Team Red maintained their first place, followed by Team Blue, and Team Yellow and White were having a fierce fight over the third place. "Sa mina-san!! Two pairs to the last runners!! Let's see which team will get the third place!!" Kenshi shouted, and at this moment, the right runner of Team White tripped and brought his partner down, and Team Yellow went past them, seizing their third place.

"Ahhhhhh Team White trips!!! Hurry and get back up!! You've still got a chance!!" Kenya shouted, stepping his foot on the table in front of him agitatedly. "A friendly reminder, us commentators have to be neutral." Kenta said, holding back Kenya. "Yeah you sound like you're leaning toward Team White a bit much. Any reasons for that?" Kenshi chimed in, smirking. However, the Head of the Department of Student Affairs cleared her throat loudly and brought an end to this small drama.

Now, all teams had their last pairs on the track. Team Red still took the lead, and the second place was still Team Blue, and the third and fourth were Team Yellow and White. "Ikuzo Bea-ko!! It's all on us now!!" Subaru, as the last runners, shouted as he sprinted off with Beatrice by his side. "AHHHHH BETTY SWEARS SHE WILL KILL YOU LATER, IN FACT!!!!" Beatrice shouted as she, similar to Haruka, got dragged by Subaru for the whole run. "Gomen Emilia-tan!! I have to win this one!!" Subaru shouted as Emilia and her partner started the run. She was one of the last runners as well. And soon, Subaru and Beatrice reached the goal, and Emilia's pair quickly arrived as well. "Yoshaaaaaaa!!! We did it!!!!" Subaru shouted as he punched the air and immediately got hit by Beatrice with her stick.