Chapter 3

There is a saying, that an A-rank adventurer can change the outcome of a battle, but an S-rank adventurer can end a war.

As soon as their conversation ended, Naell quickly went to the library to read on their family's history. He sported a simple plain black polo and pants.

Fharom Beryldot:

‌Former B-rank adventurer. The artist of dual swords. He was injured after saving the Duke and King of the Western continent thus ending his career, as a peak B-rank adventurer. After the War of the Continent, he was given nobility as the Baron Of Beryldot. A small estate under Duke Mard of Arigare.

'Duke Mard is actually the father of Naell's ex-fiance. I did not know they go way back. This was not in the story, how frightening. Considering my father's accomplishments and friendship towards the King and Duke, that is probably why my actions had been taken lightly.'

"But still to marry a Duke's daughter to a Baron just because of friendship. I think I'm really taking this all too lightly as well."

After some hours of reading, the bloodshot eyes of Naell scared a lot of people in the library. Especially since his reputation in their estate was somewhat still the lowest.

He was overwhelmed by the scope of their history.

Alicia Witner Beryldot:‌

‌One of the few S-rank adventurers in the world. Also known as the [Witch of Winter ] Married to a B-rank adventurer, Fharom Beryldot. Died in the Noble Summit after stopping the bomb, that would have started another continental war. Student of Sebastian Claus, former mage captain of the Western Continental Front (WCF).

Naell couldn't express how surprised he was to know. The first villain of the book he read had these amazing parents and a butler that was the equivalent of a peak B-rank adventurer.

'I guess the author wanted to erase the presence of this strong individual that would ruin the main protagonist's limelight.'

'Lucky for the author, I do not wish to join the battle that will soon unfold at the end of Volume 3. Heck, I can't even write with both hands so do not expect me to wield two swords.'

Naell became curious and somewhat looked forward to seeing if he could use magic.

'If I can use some sort of elemental magic, I could start flames when I'm cold. Cool myself when I get hot. Sell mineral water that'll surely boom well and make vases or sculptures out of the earth's free dirt.' Naell shook his head out of embarrassment as he thought of those childish things.

'Of course, I would never willingly taint my family's name further by doing any of those. This cursed seed has done enough harm.'

'After all, I am the son of Alicia Beryldot, fufufu.'

Luckily, the library wasn't that packed when Naell unintentionally laughed like the villain he was once. But those people who did hear it, started spreading the new mystery within the Beryldot Library--- The Shrieking Book.

"Hmmm"

'If I have time after reading all these books, I might as well ask elder Sebastian to train me with magic.'

Rumor has it that their young master, Naell declined the high school recommendation in the capital. Even the Duke who revoked his daughter's engagement with the young master felt pity and tried his best to stop the tradition.