Chapter 92

Hours had already passed since Naell's silly yet somehow memorable awakening. The warmth from outside had altered the temperature in their room to be perfect. Overall, it combatted the cold [ aerial-conditioning ] that was magically casted indoors.

In truth, he couldn't be happier to know that all was actually well upon waking up. Especially upon asking about Rinca's situation, he was greeted with pleasant news of her recovery.

'The events took a toll on her, but I'm glad she just needs rest.' Naell thought to himself in the peace of his room.

He and his many friends and visitors chatted whilst he'd been trying to recuperate. All that had certainly tested his social stamina, yet in a way he felt comforted by their presence. Other than that, all was well for Naell, as he could push to the back of his mind his inner turmoil.

"..."

Although it would have all been better if those friends of his were his last visitors.

Naell held in the urge to face palm as the King of Taglagas and some high-ranking nobles arrived in his room.

"For your patriotism!" The jumpscare-like boisterous voice of a distinguished noble echoed throughout the room and halls.

"We, the nobles of the Autumn Kingdom under King Nohad Taglagas --- blessed be his reign and forever with peace ---."

[ Blessed be his reign and forever with peace! ]

Andrew and the rest, like Naell, were bewildered by their sudden visit.

It was just when they were about to leave when they were greeted by the knights. They were then asked to remain, as the King and nobles wished to express their gratitude to all of them alongside Naell--- afterall their acts truly deserved such.

Thus, they all stayed for the grandiose visitors. The booming voice then continued,

"--- offer the youth in our midst, gratitude, for not just displaying an act of service to the people, but also protecting the very peace we swore to Uphold."

Naell released a sigh. Finally, he could res---

"Under the Celestial's providence and under our oath of---"

"..."

The long and repetitive sentences occupied a good portion of their time. Yet none complained as the words held no contempt.

Not to mention, the one speaking was one of the high councilors of Taglagas; with eyes filled with nothing but true gratitude towards them, it made it all bearable.

"Therefore, we would like to bless you all with medals in the coming week, after you are all well-rested."

When they heard that, they were stumped, and immediately their faces turned into embarrassment. It was an honor afterall to get a medal for their heroic deed.

Yet guessing correctly, they all glanced at who they knew was most affected by that statement. Sure enough, Naell, whose face was blank a while ago, now looked like a petrified statue.

For a while, his frozen state lingered. Only when the nobles began to take their leave did Naell finally stop them in their tracks with his voice,

"Excuse me but..."

His words thereafter surprised them, making the chorus of all utter in unison,

[ Eh? ]

.

.

.

It had been weeks since the incident in Taglagas had occurred. Specks of the tragedy could still be seen in the school, especially for those who had lost someone dear to them. Nevertheless, all of them were bravely facing that day.