Chapter 30

"...Maintain your mana shield, have an exchange, and whoever hits the opponent's mana shield first, will win."

Viola's duel with her classmate and friend, Marcha Kale was intense even for the onlookers, as their mastery over the magic they wielded made everyone watch in awe.

Marcha Kale's water element was pressuring and graceful while Viola's light magic was fast yet explosive.

It had begun as an equal bout, as neither one could completely overwhelm the other.

There were times where Viola's light magic would overpower Marcha Kale's water magic, yet on other times, the light would also lose and be deflected by the water.

Then with a cheeky smile, Marcha's mana bursted and highly pressurized water began disintegrating all the light magic that Viola was sending.

All of them sensed the change in her mana's strength, especially Viola who acted on impulse and summoned walls of light that brought back their equal exchange.

Cheers and praises were shouted as neither of the ladies were backing down.

Viola then decided to move the walls of light towards her opponent, restricting Marcha Kale's movement.

Feeling she was getting trapped, Marcha then quickly levitated away while continuously sending her highly pressurized water onto the walls of light.

Yet immediately upon landing, the shattered walls of light near her, began flying towards her, completely catching her off-guard.

Seeing her opponent shocked, gave Viola ample time to cast another wall of light, that quickly moved towards her opponent.

Sensing her blunder, Marcha Kale then quickly conjured a wall of water in front of her, absorbing the fast yet weak blades of light.

The onlookers were amazed at the two for displaying such a high level of complexity towards their magic.

Most of them were already discussing the immediate exchange that happened, including those who shouldn't as they were in the middle of their lecture.

"Viola's idea of sending the remnants of her light walls towards Marcha was remarkable." Rizaul said while truly praising his friend, yet his face still showed no sign of amusement.

"Yeah, that was s i c k, but that Marcha wasn't too bad either. Her mastery over her skills and her reflexes are top-notch!" Note replied loudly, earning them both a scolding from their teacher and laughter from their class.

Going back, Marcha's conjured water wall began heating up, as spiraling blades of steam gracefully, penetrated all the walls defending Viola.

Yet before Marcha's swirling blades could even get close to her opponent, Viola's sudden light blade stabbed her opponent's mana shield from above.

"You tricked me, Viola!" Said Marcha as she could not help but be amazed at her friend's trick and skill.

"I got lucky since the sun was up." Viola's reply and smile were warm just like her magic.

Due to their adventures, Viola had garnered experience and battle prowess that made that mock battle a bit of child's play for her.

As they walked back, some of the students were applauding, that even their friend Noveam, couldn't help but ask,

"Where did that even come from Viola?"

Yet the one who answered was their Professor Mony.

"The last wall of light that Viola summoned was actually much thinner than before. When Marcha's steam was closing in with the water wall, Viola control it so that the broken needle-like shards of the wall would rise and be masked by the sun."