Chapter 59

Although his father and Sebastian had been drinking since earlier, Fharom, retaining his full composure, began to speak behind the square's podium.

"Everyone, thank you for gathering to celebrate our fruitful year."

All of the guests then applauded as they expressed their pleasure.

"Our humble estate has flourished with the guidance of both Aurora and Magi. Naturally, this feat is worthy of annual toasts and cheers."

Naell too was smiling, even he felt their warmth and joy just from that moment alone. As he was about to immerse himself with the thought of resting after his father's speech, Lily lightly pushed him forward with a big grin on her face.

Beside him, Lilia and Sebastian were also smiling. Drew and Andrea who just arrived were also looking at him warmly.

Naell felt his confusion growing by the second. Only when Fharom offered a toast did he realize what was happening.

"As fate would have it, we are also here to celebrate my son's birthday, my heir, Naell Beryldot."

Crowds then began lifting their drinks, happily cheering with the music.

'Ahhh.' Naell thought to himself as he smiled wryly.

*******

The festive celebrations still loomed under the long nights of winter. Fires were lit through torches and campfires soothing the lively beings inside Beryldot.

The food, souvenirs, and even the activities were still as plentiful as could be. The high energy seemed endless like the stars shining upon Naell's tired eyes, gazing under the dark horizon of snow falling on the ground.

Truth be told, it never crossed his mind that he would ever celebrate his birthday, especially since back on Earth, no one, not even he, celebrated his own birth.

To make matters worse, Naell felt quite ashamed knowing it wasn't really him that the others happily gave toasts for.

'It doesn't feel right for me to be here.'

Under the night sky and music that flowed through in harmony, Naell had closed his eyes.

All the socializing he had done truly exhausted him, yet unlike his companions who were more physically worn out than him, Naell was immensely tired from the guilt.

"Don't sleep now noob, HOOT."

"..."

"You can't hide it Owly, but I know you're tired as well."

"Not as tired as you, HOOT."

Owly's words were weary, far unusual from his energetic HOOTs. Naell then added on, jabbing back at the young owl,

''Aren't you supposed to be nocturnal?''

"..."

Owly only shrugged, too tired to even correct him that he was really diurnal. Lily at that point was already half asleep, seated beside Naell with the young owl on her lap.

Her head was already on his shoulder, eyes half-closed, trying her best to stay awake.

''This is what you get for exploring all the stalls, and eating all the sweets behind mother's back."

"Ughhh..."

The same goes to you, Owly.'' Said Naell enjoying the silence of the two kids who could only accept his words.

After a while, Sebastian, with hot beverages in hand approached the three as he spoke,

''It seems the young miss and Owly had a big adventure.''