Chapter 93

Within a spacious white room with barely any decor, a sigh of exhaustion could be heard from a young man. The murmurs and faint festive noises from afar had begun to fill his head, ultimately preventing him from sleeping.

To his right was a large window, rays of the approaching noon shone on his simple loose white shirt.

His hair had become messy from the hour he spent sleeping and arguing. Yet to anyone, he would still be deemed as presentable and akin to a sleeping prince, with the fair light enamoring his pale skin and hair.

Snuggly he rested while fully awake in that corner of the room, yet his eyes were still closed and wanting to drift into his dreams. Finally, after a moment, he successfully drowned out the noise from outside and gave a satisfied hum.

Beside the young man who laid in peace, a sturdy oaken bookshelf stood. Its top shelf had been emptied and blanketed with white wool, a perfect nest for the boy's feathery friend that HOOTed and rested within it.

However, without warning the prince-like boy's tranquility was interrupted, as his friend who he thought had finally drifted to sleep, suddenly opened his beak and eyes, raring to speak up,

"Wait, that can't be right, HOOT."

"I thought we were doneee."

Far from the cheers and crowds that could be heard from that very room, the pale young man and the fat bird had actually been occupied with their daily gibberish-filled debate.

"Owly, if Batmule didn't have the contingency plan for the rest of the magistrate federation, Superma— Supermonkey would have taken the world when he was hypnotized."

"I mean, it is a comic about friendship, it would have worked out anyway, HOOT!"

"...Mhm, yes." Naell replied, losing all will to continue explaining any further.

Yet the presence of a visitor alerted them both and strayed their discussion.

• Oh no, HOOT. •

"Oh no indeed...."

Ever since the terrorist attack, Owly's identity was revealed to several people including Casper and Wendy.

Naell could still recall how Utua Taglagas, winked at him when he was explaining to the two nagging couple why on Mundo he hid Owly's identity.

Luckily, since they were indeed "lovey-dovey" not just as a couple but also for cute things, all was forgiven.

Still, that left Naell and Owly quite traumatized to the point where they even vowed to each other to be more responsible with the owl's identity.

Yet who would have thought that perhaps their promise had already been compromised by their banters.

"Owly?...Young Mast... Naell?"

When they heard the voice coming from the other side of their door, Naell felt it was familiar to him, only softer.

Owly on the other hand gave a HOOT of relief, he knew who it was and with a happy chirp then said,

"Come in, HOOT!"

The door then slowly squeaked open. When she entered the room, her and Naell's eyes met.

Immediately, both of them were frozen in place. One had a flustered face, while the other was staring with confusion.

Yet there she was, Rinca Arigare minus her cold demeanor that was far gentler than usual.

She was admirably elegant under the hue of the setting sun, which could now be glimpsed upon from the window of the room.

She was wearing a white baggy shirt that just amplified her pinkish skin and rosy eyes.