Chapter 89

Days had passed since the terrorist attack in the Autumn Kingdom. Most were still grieving from the destruction it had brought forth.

Even when all the mages and martial artists took priority in saving lives, some were still slain due to the vulnerability it brought whilst protecting others.

By then all of Mundo had become alarmed. The idea that any kingdom could suffer the same fate from the so-called "Pieces of Lucile" had spread.

With it were the speculations that they too were behind the past tragedy in the Noble Summit--- thus furthering the scope of gossip.

"They were indeed referring to Lucile as their master." Lesjon Star affirmed before King Nohad Taglagas, his father Marquis Metero Star, his Aunt Anti-Witch Lightingale Sarah Star, other high-ranking nobles, and even envoys of the other nations.

Upon the long table, in that very gathering room, a mystical crystal-like screen stood at the very end. It displayed several discoloured faces of authority.

The large device was an invention of Escuel Co. that connected the other rulers of Mundo to their emergency meeting at that moment. One booming voice from that device then echoed throughout every room,

"And you say, one of them calls herself the Queen?" Asked King Nohad Taglagas.

Even with his dignified appearance, it was apparent that even he was stressed from the events that had transpired. His wrinkles grew prominent as his eyes scrunched in concern.

Aive was the one who answered. She, Lesjon, Rumi, and other knights/nobles were present in the meeting as witnesses who took part in that final confrontation.

"Yes, your Majesty. One called himself U'los, the rook of Lucile. While the "queen" called herself Rey---"

Yet the envoy of Awdita, Kingdom Of Elves, the graceful Duchess, Fle Mistaya interrupted Aive with a woeful voice,

"Reyna..."

When they heard her, Aive nodded with a hint of surprise. Others then gave the Duchess a questioning look to which Fle obliged and answered,

"She is a mixed-race born of a spirit and a dark elf. The daughter of King Androm, the first of his name... May he rest well in peace."

[ May he rest well in peace. ]

Upon hearing the others' remark, Fle then continued.

"...She was exiled by her Father eons ago, and she was my cousin."

Her blond eyes were filled with sorrow while her pointed ears slightly shook with each word.

"...But if she's the same person--- nay she must be that person who calls herself the Queen."

"What makes you so certain she is the one we speak of, Duchess?" Asked Emperor Kaido Asuna, the King's Gambit himself.

Everyone grew silent upon the esteemed leader's question. There was no reason to doubt that Mundo's strongest martial artist would of course intimidate most of the envoys and other royals as well.

On the other hand, Fle managed to remain composed as she gazed back at the Emperor and answered,

"Because she is the only one who can use both light and dark magic with that mastery."

Upon her words, subtle voices of agreement were heard in the room. From the accounts of those who had fought her, the lady named Reyna could cast [ Shadow Veil ].

It was a rare magic born out of the element of darkness. It possessed its own space and could be used for offense.

Yet often, it was mostly for concealment, as even the most gifted users of detection magic and aura of intention would have a hard time pinpointing its caster's location.