Chapter 113

Night hastily arrived in Mundo, and for Naell it was a sign to head to his own room and end the day on his own terms; and so, as he said his farewells, he found himself with the warmth of his bed, the silence of his quarters, and the soft snore-like HOOTs of his roommate.

Even in his own dreams, Naell was looking forward to the next few days. As he had finished his exams for the week, he could now sit back, relax, and enjoy his time for leisure- or so he had hoped.

What greeted him in the morning was a living nightmare, for as soon as he opened his eyes he wished he had just closed them for several hours longer.

Yet an eager Owly kept hooting at his face as he stood atop him with a letter in his beak. He then said, "From the guild, HOOT!"

Being the good friend that he was, (Naell said to himself) he finally gave in and opened the contents of the letter,

Greetings Owly and his friend, young master Naell of Beryldot.

I, the current Chieftain of the Pegasus tribe hereby request both of your assistance. It concerns the forest of Lagupa and our very own abode.

...

......

Essentially, their assistance was requested by none other than the chieftain himself making it nigh impossible to refuse. Although in the first place, as soon as he saw that the letter came from their tribe, Naell already decided to accept his fate- afterall, he knew that Owly had been yearning to visit the tribe of Pegasus.

Not only was the young owl friends with everyone in that place; he and Athena stayed there for years before finally venturing out into the world.

Hence, it was inevitable that he wished to visit his hometown. One could even say his personality was developed in that very place.

And so, the two accepted the quest and soon enough they were welcomed by the tribe's delegates who went to the outskirt of Taglagas to meet the duo. One was Kent Freide, the son of the current Pegasus tribe's chief, Tucker Freide, and a close friend of the young owl.

"Thank you for accepting our call, Naell, Owly." Said Kent. Surrounded by the tall thicket of trees that reached the sky, the dark sturdy bark around them made his silver hair seem more luminous.

Upon whistling towards another winged being like him, a carriage with engravings of the Pegasus tribe's emblem then entered their sights.

"I've been meaning to visit everyone for some time now anyway and of course the food, HOOT!" Replied Owly with real enthusiasm in his voice.

Truth be told, Naell knew the food was his aim all along. Owly did often talk about how he deeply missed the specialty of the Pegasus Tribe; the crispy deep-fried pork belly dish called Lechon Kawali.

Almost all restaurants within Taglagas had tried their own take on the dish, yet only that mystical winged-beast tribe could bring out the dish's maximum flavor.

'Missing the place my ass.' Naell thought. Although he was also curious since he never had that dish before.

Still, Naell couldn't ponder long on the tribe's delicacy, as what they were commissioned for was an examination of the mysterious events occurring inside the forest; Lagupa was experiencing sudden combustions and flames within a random location in the forest.

At first, both the tribe and the knights of the Autumn Kingdom pointed fingers accusing the other of causing the fire.

This created some strain in the relationship between the tribe and the kingdom, yet as the random spawning of flames went on for several days, it was then that they realized the situation was far more complex.