So not only was Danny hanging out with this girl but he was also spending extra money to get her VIP treatment, Afia thought to herself. He didn't even take her to a sophisticated restaurant, but he had the ability to give a girl VIP at a common bowling center.

'Thank you for listening to me Joy. Do you know who the girl is?'

'No, but when I came home, I called Paulina to tell her about it since you weren't picking up. I showed her the picture and Paulina said it was the same girl she saw Danny with the last time.'

'Maadwoa.' Afia seethes, her nose flaring as she glares at nothing in particular.

'Yeah, that's what Paulina said. Anyway, I thought you and Danny were just friends. So why is this bothering you?'

'We are... just friends.' Afia lies.

'Mhm.'

'Don't sass me like that. I've got to go now.'

'By--'

Afia turns the phone off, quickly standing up from the sofa. She was tired of Danny neglecting her, especially if it was for the sake of Maadwoa. Just the thought of her makes Afia boil with anger. How could a villager infatuate Danny so much? Afia sighs exasperatedly as she thinks back to the picture. Maadwoa had smooth, dark chocolate skin, thick natural hair, a dimpled smile, and a curvy physique. Afia curses herself for noticing the beauty in this girl. It doesn't matter how pretty she is, a mere villager will never be worthy of a prince.

Afia adjusts her shirt before stomping towards one of her father's many cars. She was going to march straight into that castle and give Danny a piece of her mind.

* *

"Go call Danny for me. Now!" Afia barks at Esther, once the guards open the gate for her. Afia held a scowl on her face and she marched onto the verandah, refusing to even step inside the house.

Esther nods, quickly running inside the castle to summon Danny for the angry girl.

Afia sits on the burgundy sofa on the verandah, sniffling as tears run down her face. Danny said that he and that girl were only acquaintances, that they were not going to cross paths again. Why then are they meeting again? Why does he have his arms around her so comfortably when he barely touches Afia?  If she was only skeptical before, now she was definitely sure there was something going on between them. What was so wrong with her that she couldn't be the object of Danny's affection? Why did she have to vie for his attention while another girl so easily captured his?

Danny lays in his bed, playing a videogame when he hears a knock on his door. He pauses the game and calls for the person to come in. Esther walks in and bows with a smile.

"Good afternoon, my prince. Afia Nelson is here to see you."

Danny rolls his eyes with a groan. They just had a date last night, can't this girl give him space sometimes?

"Can you tell her I'm asleep?" 

Esther raises her eyebrows. "Your Highness, she is very upset. Please, go and speak with her."

Danny sighs but nods at Esther, who smiles and bows again before leaving. He prayed that Afia was not going to trouble him today because he does not have time for her rude attitude today.

Afia sits on the sofa, her right leg crossed over the left and the same scowl on her face. Tears continue to run down her face as she shakes her head bitterly. She was absolutely disgusted at the thought of being used and lied to by Danny. The shopping, the date, the cheek pecks-- were they all fake?