"I'm stupid. I'll go change then." I say, preparing to stand up.

Before I can even move, Gifty grabs my wrist, panic in her wide eyes.

"No! Don't leave -- I mean, I'll go fetch sneakers from your room. Just sit." she rushes out, grabbing the flats from my feet, and quickly standing up and scurrying into my room,  it even giving me a chance to respond.

I look back at Tyler with my eyebrows scrunched in confusion while he nibbles on his lips and shrugs.

"I think she hates me." he admits quietly.

"She doesn't hate you."

"She can't even stand being alone with me." he deadpans.

I shake my head. "She's nervous."

"I didn't want it to be this way though. She's still my best friend." 

"Yes, she is. Just give her time." I say assuredly, patting his shoulder. He nods, running his hand through his hair.

The door behind opens and Gifty walks out, holding a pair of black and white converses. Thankfully, they would match with my sky blue polo shirt and black jeans. She puts them on the ground in front of me and sits next to me with a sigh.

"You're welcome." she says.

"Um, you look nice today, G." Tyler compliments as he gazes at her knee length denim overalls and purple shirt underneath.

She blinks rapidly as she looks away, patting her straightened shoulder-length hair. "Hmph."

I glance at Tyler to see a tight smile on his face as he shrugs at me. I give him a tight smile. Before we can continue talking, the door opens behind us again. We all turn our attention to the door to see my aunt strolling out with a chewing stick in her mouth. When she sees us dressed, she scowls.

"Where are you guys going?" she asks quizzically. 

"Ma, Danny said he's taking us out." I tell her, while my friends nod in agreement.

My aunt hums with a shake of her head. She glances at Gifty and Tyler, taking the stick out of her mouth.

"So you two want your friend's downfall, right?" she questions them.

"No we don't. What do you mean?" Gifty retorts.

Before my aunt can answer, a loud engine roars closer to us, causing all to look in the direction it was coming from. The familiar black limo pulls up, making my heart jump in excitement. Seeing him or just talking to him brightens my whole day (apart from my friends of course). My aunt sucks her teeth, putting her hands on her hips. I ignore her actions and wave him over, to which he waves back and approaches us. I almost drool at his appearance. He was simply dressed in a blue flannel shirt and jeans, yet he managed to look like a model.

We stand up to meet him and I wrap my arms around his torso tightly with a content smiles. He embraces me in his big arms as he whispers a 'hello' into my ear. Before I get carried away and fall asleep on his chest, Gifty clears his throat behind us, causing me to reluctantly let go of him. Danny chuckles to himself, while my friends hold silly grins on their faces. My aunt hums, rolling her eyes at the sight.

"Hey guys. I'm glad you decided to come." Danny says to Gifty and Tyler.

They nervously exchange a look with each other before Tyler clears his throat.

"Yep, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go bowling." 

My aunt clears her throat, removing the stick from her mouth to make her presence known. Danny's smile falters a bit as he gives her a polite wave.