Jealousy

"Did Anthony ever mention anything about a new contract to you?" Kate asked Candy. Both girls sat on top of the trunk of Kate's car that was parked at the venue. They were refusing to go in until it was time for the band to perform. They hated dealing with the fans, security guards, and reporters. It was all getting annoying for the two girls. But they knew the bands heart lay true in the performance aspect, as much as the guys liked to admit they loved the attention. Kate's stomach filled with butterflies. She was afraid everyone would fine out her and Dave were dating. She wanted to keep it a secret. Everything felt too soon. The only person who knew was John, and she didn't even mean to tell him. She accidentally blurted it out while yelling at him. Out of all people to know it had to be John.

"He never mentioned anything about a contract. He doesn't talk about that stuff around me..."Candy sighed while brushing her hair. She noticed how tense Kate had seemed. She watched her pick at her nails for a while before grabbing her hand and saying, "You know you can talk to me about anything right? I won't tell anyone, I promise. I haven't heard from you in a while and you seem distant. Is everything ok?"

Kate debated for a minute before finally deciding to tell Candy everything. She was the first person she should have told about Dave.

"Remember Dave?" Kate laughed while scratching the back of her head and looking up at the blonde who was not surprised.

"How could I forget?"

"We've been dating for almost a month now. We're not boyfriend and girlfriend. I've been sleeping with him and he's been taking me on a lot of dates. I think...I think I really like him. He made me this necklace. I've never felt so different about a guy before."

"Wow...Kate. As much as I never would see myself saying this...I'm proud of you. If he makes you happy you two deserve each other. But what are you so nervous about?"

"Someone in particular may have found out about my thing with Dave. And he may or may not had convinced Anthony to invite him to the concert tonight?"

"Oh no. John? You've got to be kidding. At first when Anthony told me he had called Dave to clear tensions I was confused at first, but brushed it away. I thought he never would resolve things with him. But when he told me John had convinced him I thought he was just trying to be the peace barer but now it seems like something more devious. Now everything makes sense. Kate I'm so sorry. I'll protect you."

"Thanks Candy. I can protect myself, but I don't want anyone else to find out about my relationship with Dave at the moment. I'm not ready. I need your help. John cannot expose me. He's doing this purely because he's jealous."

"I understand. I'll keep an eye out. I promise. Your secret is safe from me." Candy smiled before holding her pinky out. Both girls wrapped pinkies around each other's before quickly hugging. The sound of screaming startled the girls before Candy sighed, "Sounds like the fans had finally entered the arena. We should probably head inside." The pit in Kate's stomach grew. She had never been so nervous in her entire life, but it felt reassuring to know her best friend was backing her. It was crowded. One of their biggest crowds yet. Entering the back door, the girls were escorted backstage by security who seemed to be waiting for them. Fans screamed, reaching out towards the girls. A hand grabbed Kate. She jumped, startled as the fan screamed, "Are you and John back together?! I love you guys!" Before she could answer the security guard immediately separated them from each other,  yelling, "Back away please!" If Kate were to come out and say she was dating Dave, the fans would freak out. Kate wasn't as popular compared to the guys. But their were some fans who had an eerily creepy obsession with the band members and their girlfriends. She was able to regain her calm before they had finally made it to the vip room. Candy entered the room, Kate slowly following behind as she thanked the security guards for their protection.

"Girls! I'm so glad you made it! I thought the fans had ripped you two to shreds! What took you so long?" Anthony cheered, kissing Candy on the lips for a brief moment before hugging Kate. She slowly hugged him back, smelling the stench of alcohol and weed off his breath. Pulling away she greeted the other band members. John sat in the corner, tweaking his guitar.

"John Frusciante. Pleasant seeing you here." Kate smiled through her teeth, taking a seat next to him. He smirked back before replying, "You look nice."

"You too."

"I think I clean up very nice. You seem startled, how come?"

"A fan grabbed me. It's not a big deal, it just scared me."

"A fan spooked you? I could have sworn something else was bothering you." John smirked again while looking up at her.

Before she could speak again she was interrupted by Anthony calling for a group huddle, ten minutes before entering the stage. John stood up and began to walk past Kate before she grabbed his hand and harshly whispered, "You're an asshole, you know that?"

"Only for you darling." John snapped back, jerking his hand away from hers. Kate was angry. He was being an ass, like usual whenever he was jealous. She couldn't focus as soon as the concert started. She was stressed everyone would find out about her relationship with Dave. She couldn't bare to watch the concert anymore, so she decided to wait in the lounge instead. Her eyes began to flutter as she waited on the couch, listening to the pounding music and screaming fans. Yawning, she stretched her arms above her head before deciding to take a nap, hoping she could sleep her troubles away.

Authors Note:
Hey everyone! I hope you all are staying safe and healthy! I'm coming back from writers block, and will be trying to update this story weekly. Let me know if I should make the chapters longer! I wanted to thank you all for the support, and kind comments!!! It means so much to me, I really appreciate it. I hope you all have enjoyed the story so far, see you all in the next chapter :)

-Rocknrollchic