Piercings and Pain

"Anthony? Um- sorry to interrupt, but someone inside needs you. Somethings wrong with the speakers." Dave stuttered while awkwardly standing in the doorway, trying not to notice Kate was bawling her eyes out. Anthony nodded before slowly pulling away from Kate and mumbling, "I'll be back. Stay here. Ok? Unless you feel better to come back inside." She nodded and turned her ahead away, noticing it was just her and Dave. He closed the door behind him once Anthony went inside and stood their awkwardly before asking, "Heartache?"

"Yeah..."She sniffled while wiping her tears.

"How was work?" He asked while changing the sensitive subject.

"It was fine. Long. But fine. Thank you for stopping by again, their my favorite flowers."

"Your welcome. You deserve it. A pretty girl like you needs flower."

"You don't have to flatter me just to make me feel better." She softly laughed while turning her head away from him.

"I'm not, I'm not. I'm just stating facts...How are you? I mean mentally. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, Yeah. I'm fine. I'm just a little sensitive over my breakup with John, that's all."

"It's ok to feel sad. Sometimes it's better to cry rather than to keep your emotions bottled up, you know?"

"Yeah. How are you?"

"I'm fine. I got a couple more piercings today."

"Really? Where?" Kate smiled while turning as he pointed to the studs in his ears. She slowly brought her hand up and ran her fingers along the side of his face while staring at his ears.

"Beautiful piercings. I wish I had a piercing." She whispered while rubbing her thumb over the small stud.

"You don't need one. Your beautiful, Kate. I use tattoos and piercings too cover up the pain I'm feeling."

"M-Maybe I need that." She croaked while looking up at him with tears in her eyes. Dave's eyes widened as he quickly pulled her into his chest as she started to sob. "No. You don't, Kate. Just let it all out. Whatever your feeling just let it out. You can't keep it bottled up forever." Dave sighed while staring at the wall ahead of him as she continued to sob. When she finally ran out of tears they slowly pulled away as she wiped her eyes while mumbling, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? You don't need to apologize." He laughed while squeezing her hand in reassurance.

"I feel so bad. Your shirt is soaked." She laughed while motioning to his short sleeve grey shirt that was now sticking to him.

"Hey, I'd let you soak my shirt anytime." Dave teased, causing Kate to laugh out loud into a fit of giggles. She rolled off the stairs and was laying on the ground giggling to herself as he laughed, "What's so funny about that?!"

"Your so weird, Dave." She teased back while looking up at him. He smirked while teasing back, "I'm weird? I didn't wear my pharmacy scrubs to a concert."

"Hey leave me and my scrubs alone! I went home and fell asleep. I was running late and couldn't find an outfit so I figured this would be fine."

"I do have to admit though, those pants accentuate your-"

"Shut up, Dave! I didn't know you were so perverted!" She laughed out loud while flipping him off. He laughed before joking, "Me? Not perverted? Have you not seen me wearing my latex suit?"

"Ew! You do not have one."

"I don't own one, but I once wore one for an interview."

"No you did not. Dave, your making me sick."

"Your making me sick. Your realize your lying down on the ground of an alley where people throw up, have sex, and scatter other bodily fluids?" He asked while walking down the stairs, holding his hand out for her to grab. She quickly grabbed it as he pulled her up, while slowly wrapping his arms around waist.

"If I make you sick then why are you standing so close to me." Kate smirked while looking up at him as he smirked down at her, pulling her closer to him.

"Maybe I lied. Maybe I just can't resist you." He smiled while staring down at her.

"I can't stand you." She joked while chuckling, "Your so cheesy." He smiled while shaking his head before leaning down and placing a soft kiss against her lips. She stared at him for a long time before slowly closing her eyes and kissing him back. The kiss wasn't heated. It was just a soft, cute kiss.

"Hey! Oh! Sorry to interrupt you guys but we have fifteen minutes before showtime, Dave." Flea explained before quickly leaving, embarrassed for interrupting the two. They quickly pulled away from each other as Kate chuckled, "You better get going. I'll see you out there."

"Alright. You better be front and center." Dave joked while walking away before turning around and placing a soft kiss to her forehead before asking,
"Do you want to get dinner after this? I'm assuming your hungry since you said you fell asleep once you got home?"

"Yeah. I am actually pretty hungry. That would be great." She replied while brushing a few strands of her hair away from her face.

"Alright! Think of a place you would like to eat during the concert, and I'll take you there after."

"Ok, break a leg!" Kate called out to Dave as he jogged inside. She stood in the alley for a couple of minutes smiling to herself about what had just happened. Making her way inside she rolled her eyes to see Candy and Anthony in a make out session before thinking, I guess when Dave said there was something wrong with the speakers he meant there was something wrong with Candy. She couldn't stand being away from Anthony for such a short amount of time.

"Hey lover boy, the shows about to start!" Chad whistled at Anthony before pulling him away from Candy causing her to pout and walk towards Kate before whispering, "How was Dave?"

"Shut up." She scoffed while shoving her giggling best friend.