59: Let Her in

A U R E L I A' S POV:

Days had gone by and frankly, I almost completely forgot about my impending doom. It took me everyday to mentally prepare to shift. I wasn't sure if I would ever be ready for the physical part.

Just by my mother describing it, it sounded too painful to bare. A part of me wanted to never shift into a wolf while another part of longed for it as weird as that sounds. Maybe it was because I had wolf blood running through my veins or maybe I was tired of feeling helpless and weak. Thanks to Elias, he kept my strength up by feeding me meat and carb filled meals everyday.

I frown significantly stronger over the past few days. Before, I couldn't even eat three hearty meals a day, my stomach couldn't handle such a large appetite. But now it seemed I could eat an entire horse if I could. Elias wouldn't leave my side until I ate my food and got my exercise in. Things were changing quickly than normal.

I noticed changes in my body over the past few days.

Every day I would wake up and it was like someone was cooking bacon in front of my nose. One morning I woke up and I could smell everything. And I mean everything.

It was so overwhelming that I threw up next to my bed.

Another morning, I woke up and I noticed my body was changing before my eyes. My body looked fuller and more toned which was weird because I hated working out.

The thing that bothered me the most was my inconvenient lustful urges. I literally couldn't stop staring at Elias. Every time he moved, it made me feel heated. When his arms moved deliciously, I couldn't help but drool at the sight. My mate was truly and alluringly attractive.

Elias had a fitted shirt and I was staring blatantly as he walked passed. I tensed, trying to suppress the random feelings he brought me. Elias visibly took notice, smirking.

I furrowed my brows at him, scowling. "What?" I folded my arms over my chest.

Elias shakes his head, walks over to where I sat on the end of his bed. So I came to his room....I couldn't help it. His scent was so enticing.

My hair was pulled up into a messy bun, tendrils of my hair curled around my face. I blew a few pieces away from my face.

My heart began to beat faster as he sat beside me, his smell immediately enticing my senses. I turned and eyed him for a few seconds before he too looked at me.

"I'm okay, you don't have to worry about me," I sigh.

"I can't not worry about you love. This is something you've never been prepared for," he says.

I huff, pulling my knees against my chest as I sat my chin atop of my knees. "A part of me wishes this whole wolf shifting crap would hurry already. But, I know this is something that takes time."

Elias sighs. "When I shifted for the first time, it felt like every bone in my body broke over and over again until I was weakened. It was extremely painful for me not just because of the shift but because I was alone."
I frown at his words. My heart clenched in sorrow for him.

"My father looked down upon my mother. He lost love for her and for what she was. When I shifted into a hybrid, he didn't see me as his son but a monster...an abomination." He glared at the ground, his eyes holding a cold emotion for his father.

I listened to my instincts and grabbed his hand, comforted him as best as I could. "You're not an abomination. Your father isn't here and you are certainly proving him wrong by leading this pack like a true leader." He looked at me, his eyes softening.