24: its nothing like that

I didn't know how long we had been standing there looking at each other but the sound of Veda's voice had me frozen on the spot

I didn't know how long we had been standing there looking at each other but the sound of Veda's voice had me frozen on the spot. My trance had been broken as fast as it had come, I stared wide eyed at Elias internally praying I had misheard, this could not be happening. Elias' eyes widened with recognition, his eyebrows furrowed in seriousness. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping I was just hallucinating but I turned my head to the source of the voice and I knew this was real.

"Excuse us," Rang out the deep voice of Elias. I looked to see him parting my side slowly before walking towards Leon. His expression impassive as usual as he looked from me to Elias.

"Well," Veda smiles, clapping her hands together. "Babe, could you give us a minute?" She looks to Corbyn, his amused stare making me look down at the ground awkwardly.

The awkward tension was tangible in the air, almost unbearable until I felt a pair of unwanted eyes on me the entire time. I glanced up, watching Corbyn turn around and whisper something to Johnathon. He was staring at me intensely, I tried to keep calm but my body didn't listen to my mind. My hands began to tremble as my hands began to shake, I quickly crossed my arms over my chest and looked away from him. I didn't miss the quirk of his lips as he smirked, walking behind Corbyn out of the room.

"Care to share?" Veda smiles suggestively and I cringe, of course this was to be expected.

I sigh exasperatedly. "It's a long story." I said not knowing what else to say, not wanting to tell her the reason why I'd been caught with him. I preferred to push bad things to the back of my mind and not give them a second thought again, but Veda was persistent.

"We have all day. Now come and shower, we can't have you leaving the house smelling and looking like a disaster." Veda demands, her eyes adamant.

~~~~~

Veda barked out a loud laugh throwing her head back, attracting the attention of everyone around us. I attempted to shush her, but it only had her laughing louder and I turned red.