23: you care and you don't

(Picture of Elias above ;)

I looked at the front door, waiting

He had been gone all night, approximately four hours it had been with no one in the house but only me. I trembled in fear as every sound outside startled me, making me think the absolute worst. Anyone could easily walk in, a werewolf on the verge to kill or Johnathon finally getting his chance to kill me.

My heart pounded in my chest violently when the storm calmed and finally stopped. Every sound could be heard and I sat in the living room, peering at the door, anticipating when Elias would return. I couldn't call Evelyn, as foolish as that sounded. I didn't want to burden her with any of my problems when she had just left early this morning....well yesterday morning.

I began to cry into my hands, my sobs racking my body. The feeling of being helpless and alone frightened me and Elias not being here worsened it. Why did he leave without a word? Was it something I did? I knew I shouldn't have grabbed his hand like that, it freaked him out. Was it something I maybe said?

It was the very first conversation Elias and I had ever had without any arguing or the need to push each other away. Instead, we were quite comfortable around each other and for once, I felt like I could tell Elias anything. But I guess those feelings were foolish because he clearly didn't replicate the same.

I let out a gasp when the front door slammed open, two figures appeared in the middle of the big hallway near the grand staircase. It was Elias and a woman kissing. Her hands were on his neck, wrapped in his hair, tugging at the roots while his were moving all over her body. I watched, stunned by their heated actions. I felt anger fill me, watching in disgust as Elias kissed up the woman's neck.

I held my breath for as long as possible, careful to not make any sudden noise as I watched them make out. "Upstairs," the woman moaned and he kissed her neck, still holding her close to his body and walked up the stairs, leaving me standing there baffled.

Once they were gone to his room, I hoped, I fled up the stairs and ran to my bedroom. I shut the door behind me, pressing my back against it and began to let out harsh breaths.

I walked to my bed, fell onto it, sobbing into my pillow. Why would he do this? What did I ever do to deserve this? I should have never trusted him ever. I let out a series of sobs until I fell asleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~

I let out a groan, rolling over mindlessly to my surroundings. Was I in my room? I blinked open my eyes, the sunlight blinding me from the open curtains. I looked around, breathing out a sigh. I must have finally fell asleep last night in my room after all. There was a dull ache in my head due to how long I cried last night.