12: a date with an alpha

"No

"No."

"What? You have to reconsider, I-" Elias growls.

"No. I mean it. When I said you're never leaving this place, I meant it." He folds his arms across his chest, making his muscles pop. A few veins stuck out against his tan arms, I was staring at them too long.

"Please," I beg, looking at the ground. I should have never asked.

"Leave," he demands. Soon after he sat at his desk as always, busy looking at papers. I blinked away tears that threatened to fall before walking out of his office, shutting the door behind me.

I huffed, finding my sanctuary on the bed. I didn't hesitate to let my body fall onto it, my tears soaking the sheets. If he truly thought that I was not some prisoner or maid, he thought wrong. I have been treated like crap by him since day one.

I can't imagine what Enzo is thinking. At first, I thought about not going at all due to the fact of him being a werewolf, a creature that I hated but Veda thought otherwise. She believed I needed to take a chance on the guy. Plus, he was very handsome and he didn't seem to have the wrong idea about me.

I sat up, wiping the tears under my cheeks. I can't ditch him like that. I deserve to get out of this hell hole. It wasn't like I could escape, I was kept in a tight hold by Elias.

Tonight, that was gonna change.

I walked to the closet, opening it to scan through the clothes. "No....no.....no..and no." I said as I looked over the dresses hanging in the wardrobe.

They were all beautiful but at the moment none of them caught my eye. Eventually I gave up and picked up a random dress. It was dusted rose, long and hugged my curves perfectly. I felt self conscious of my waist but the dress somehow made me feel pretty. The straps were thin but complimented my collar bones and felt tight around my bust but comfortably. It looked alright for dinner, I guess.

I posed in front of the mirror, observing myself scrutinizingly and let my hair fall down freely on my shoulders in soft waves

I posed in front of the mirror, observing myself scrutinizingly and let my hair fall down freely on my shoulders in soft waves. Thankfully Veda left some of her makeup from the other night as I needed to touch up the dark circles under my eyes and accentuate my cheeks. Once I had done my makeup, my face presented a natural and healthy glow making me smile in appreciation. Now the only thing I needed to worry about was escaping past Elias and out of the house away from scurrying eyes. The less he knew, the better.