Special Chapter: Marking (Pt3)

🐺 🐺🐺

I thought those words would be enough, but they aren't. I'm glad for that, while at the same time slightly frustrated. Namjoon wants to go over the entire thing with me, and lay out every tiny detail to make sure I know what I'm agreeing to. It's annoying.

But also sexy as hell.

Consent is hot.

"You won't be able to leave me. You know that, right?" the words seem to pain him to say. A while ago he'd taken to pacing back and forth anxiously in front of me and he continues doing just that.

"I know. I'm never leaving you."

A happy grin and matching dimples come out for a second before his face morphs back into a worried expression. "You will become more like me." he says in a warning tone, and I nod along knowing exactly where he's going. "You're going to be more possessive, and it will be harder to separate."

"But you said it will be easier?" I question. He's said that multiple times. I've always heard that he would 'settle down' in a sense after he marks me. That me being around unmated wolves wouldn't bother him and that separation wouldn't be as tough because he would know if I was in danger or not.

"Yes, after a time. A week, give or take. At first you're not going want me to leave your sight. You'll be like full moon Fluffy for a few days."

Oh lord. Well. I guess now would be the best time since everyone is out of town. We have the house to ourselves.

"Ok." I nod in agreement and this only seems to bring him more concern.

"You're going to feel everything. Not only the full mate bond, but you will also feel my feelings. All the time."

"Ah uh."

"And you're going to feel the sparks."

"The sparks sound nice!" I say excitedly. I've always wanted to know what the big deal with the sparks are. He calls them sparks but I call them tingles. What's the difference?

"They are..." he trails off in concern, eyes tracing my face for any sign of unease. I know he won't find any because there is none. I'm ready for this. "Are you absolutely certain? You can't go back on this. It's a one time decision. What if-"

"Namjoon, get your ass over here and bite me already!"

He shoots to my side without question, sitting down and pulling me close.

"You're sure? I need to hear the words."

Mentally I'm weeping over how perfect he is. Steadying myself, I loop my arms around his neck and look him dead in the eye.

"Mark me. I'm ready. I love you, and I want this. I want you to mark me, Namjoon."

He looks like he's about to cry. "I love you too." After a shaky breath, he relaxes his shoulders and tells me, "Fluffy has to do this part."

"Ok," I tell him gently and lean up to peck his lips. "See you on the other side."

A small laugh escapes him as he touches his forehead to mine. Silence rests over our shoulders, sheltering us in one last peaceful moment. I'm just beginning to wonder what he's waiting for when he perks back up. When our gazes meet, it's obvious who I'm looking at now.

"Mate!" FluffyNamjoon kisses me three times in quick succession before diving for my neck, kissing, licking, and nipping me right where I know he likes it the most. I'm more than flustered and out of breath by the time he looks up once more for approval. "Are you ready?"