Special Chapter: Deleted scenes

————

Before deleted scenes: The things I didn't mention, because I wanted you to notice on your own.

Y/n's inner crazy lady she speaks about is her inner cat. She (the cat) loves cats so much because being a cat herself, she finds a camaraderie with them that she can't find with anyone else. That doesn't mean Y/n isn't a crazy cat lady too, it just means she's double the cat crazed. Sometimes the cat talks, but Y/n isn't connected to her animal, so she doesn't realize it. Therefore it's never directly pointed out. This starts as early as chapter 8, and it's the voice inside her that always says 'cute'. This is prominently seen in chapter 37 when she wants to bite Namjoon on the hip.

Seo In-guk and Jung Eun-ji are the names of the actors of the main couple from Reply 1997. I ship them in real life so I used their real names as opposed to their characters.

Lucifairy is the cat version of Namjoon. Destructive because Namjoon is the god of destruction. And she has two sides to herself because Namjoon has two sides to his own in the story. Himself and Fluffy.

Namjoon never says things like, 'oh my god' or 'god help me' because in real life he's an atheist.

The main point of this story isn't romance or supernatural. It's about cats, and the love we share for our pets. A cat brought Y/n and Namjoon together in the first place, cats are what makes Y/n start liking Namjoon, cats brought them back together again after they fought, and the loss of a cat brought them closer together as mates and deepened their bond.

Y/n screamed for Jungkook when she was scared for three reasons: 1) because she was thinking of him and it accidentally slipped out. 2) It's a reflection of: Noona! 3) Her inner animal doesn't want Fluffy to get hurt (by the bee) and so when Y/n says things unconsciously, it's because of her.

The third unidentifiable part of Namjoon's scent are cookies that Y/n's mom used to make. (there is a very vague reference to that so I can see how anyone would miss it) The maple syrup is because of the 'dad's day off French toast' mentioned in chapter 28.

Fluffy was named in reference to Fluffy from Harry Potter (we already have Voldemort so why not). Protective, could be aggressive, but really he's a big softy when it comes to his weakness (in HP it was music, here it's his mate). Also named him this because I wanted the reader to become more comfortable with him at the same rate Y/n was.

Jungkook is secretly evil because rabbits are cute on the outside, but some of them really do act more like predators and can actually be very mean.

This story at first was going to be Yoongi based since...cats. But then I remembered the Buzzfeed interview where they were asked to choose between cats and dogs, and Joon was the only one to choose cats. That's why in chapter 3 he says he likes cats and in the chapter with detention, Yoongi says he prefers dogs.

There are so many manga references in here it's not even funny. Example: "Does that tickle?" is from Kyō, Koi o Hajimemasu.

Y/n always hides her physical pain (and hates feeling weak) because this is what cats do. It's the way they've evolved. There's a deep seated natural instinct to hide pain, because if I predator hears them cry out, they know they're weak and that puts them at a disadvantage.

Namjoon wasn't able to detect that Y/n was a werecat because he thought she smelled like a cat since she has so many.

Some of the chapter titles are reflective of each other:
What-why
That's my mate-He's my mate
Everyone is weird-everyone is mean
Seven cats-eight questions
Hyung!-Noona!
Cats-puppies